Ask a question

No registration required

Arrow [Q] Photon Q in Montreal

OP adrienspawn

20th February 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

78 posts
Bootloader unlocked,. but in a boot loop with CWM Recovery. Battery too low to flash new recovery in via fastboot.
Last edited by adrienspawn; 21st February 2014 at 11:01 PM.
21st February 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,625

11,354 posts
Donate to Me
More
I assume those are GSM carriers? Might work, see below.

There is no developer edition of this device. They all have unlockable bootloaders - but you're not looking for that. You mean carrier unlocked... which the SIM in the Q is fixed, not 'user-accessible'....

There are folks in Europe who have hacked the device to put their own SIM in.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929143

Good luck.
21st February 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

78 posts
Hi thanks for the reply, yes I was hoping to use it on GSM (Fido), but wouldn't mind CDMA/LTE/etc so long as it works.

got the bootloader unlocked using motopocalypse.
Last edited by adrienspawn; 21st February 2014 at 11:05 PM.
21st February 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

78 posts
Oops. Tried flashing CM10.1.3 and on reboot it hung at the CM logo. Also have CM11's zip on the sdcard, but it fails installing (error 7). Can't seem to push any files onto it using adb.

edit: now its mostly staying with the screen off and the green light..sometimes I get the "warning:bootloader unlocked" screen.

edit: i let it sit for a while and it wound up in CWM. still cant see it with adb though.
Last edited by adrienspawn; 21st February 2014 at 11:45 PM.
22nd February 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #5  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 935

2,242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrienspawn

Oops. Tried flashing CM10.1.3 and on reboot it hung at the CM logo. Also have CM11's zip on the sdcard, but it fails installing (error 7). Can't seem to push any files onto it using adb.

edit: now its mostly staying with the screen off and the green light..sometimes I get the "warning:bootloader unlocked" screen.

edit: i let it sit for a while and it wound up in CWM. still cant see it with adb though.

Flash an updated version of recovery in fastboot mode (TWRP 2.6.3.1: http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/asan...1-asanti_c.img ), go to recovery and flash your CM11 zip.
22nd February 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan

Flash an updated version of recovery in fastboot mode (TWRP 2.6.3.1: http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/asan...1-asanti_c.img ), go to recovery and flash your CM11 zip.

When I was able to get into fastboot with adb it said the battery was too low to flash a new recovery. now i cant use adb as its not detected...
23rd February 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #7  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 935

2,242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrienspawn

When I was able to get into fastboot with adb it said the battery was too low to flash a new recovery. now i cant use adb as its not detected...

...Just charge the battery when powered off?

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
23rd February 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan

...Just charge the battery when powered off?

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

when I let it charge now all I get is the warning:bootloader unlocked screen with the ability to manually shut it down/restart but cant seem to enter recovery or fastboot.
23rd February 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #9  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 23

528 posts
More
This happens when you use a faulty cable/charger. Try a Motorola cable and charger if you have. If you do, try a different cable.

I've had this problem several times. Always with a defective/non-Motorola-compliant cable and/or charger.
The Micro USB cable that came with my Powerbank does this and a 5V USB charger that came with a no-name camera. But also a Philips 2.1A USB charger.
So again, try a different, preferably original, charger and/or cable and hopefully you will be fine.
23rd February 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Bruine

This happens when you use a faulty cable/charger. Try a Motorola cable and charger if you have. If you do, try a different cable.

I've had this problem several times. Always with a defective/non-Motorola-compliant cable and/or charger.
The Micro USB cable that came with my Powerbank does this and a 5V USB charger that came with a no-name camera. But also a Philips 2.1A USB charger.
So again, try a different, preferably original, charger and/or cable and hopefully you will be fine.

You're right! Thanks for your time. I was using one that I had for my HTC G2, and the one that came with it (eBay) I assumed was Motorola's but taking a closer look it does look generic. Tried a blackberry 1.8A(highest) charger to bring the battery to full charge and successfully got into fastboot to flash twrp and then cm11.
Last edited by adrienspawn; 24th February 2014 at 02:23 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
photon q
Previous Thread Next Thread