LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more
Post Reply

[Q] USB OTG issue

OP turbodude555

24th February 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hello folks, long time reader first time poster here.

I was looking around on the net and I'm unable to solve a bizzare issue with USB otg. I have a rooted but stock nexus 7 2nd version, and can use USB otg fine I guess, but here's the problem.

No matter what the size of said USB pen, it's always registered as the same size as the tablet storage. I can't understand this at all and nobody seems to have had this problem so far as I can tell. Done various formatting with apps but its always 12gb like the internal SD. Any advice would be very welcome as I'd very much like to use all of my space on a USB stick haha
25th February 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 53
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude555

Hello folks, long time reader first time poster here.

I was looking around on the net and I'm unable to solve a bizzare issue with USB otg. I have a rooted but stock nexus 7 2nd version, and can use USB otg fine I guess, but here's the problem.

No matter what the size of said USB pen, it's always registered as the same size as the tablet storage. I can't understand this at all and nobody seems to have had this problem so far as I can tell. Done various formatting with apps but its always 12gb like the internal SD. Any advice would be very welcome as I'd very much like to use all of my space on a USB stick haha

Are u using stickmount?
25th February 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuntis1993

Are u using stickmount?

Yes I am, is it a well known issue then, I assume from your asking? I seem to have found a way around it, so long as I move nothing more than about 3gb a go. No moving folders of many items
25th February 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 53
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude555

Yes I am, is it a well known issue then, I assume from your asking? I seem to have found a way around it, so long as I move nothing more than about 3gb a go. No moving folders of many items

I also use stickmount app, it would not show in the storage in settings on stock rom but on a custom rom since they have enabled that feature by default and kernel should support that feature to make it native, they have it under the storage settings but when using stickmount u will see that the misc storage increases and if u click on that u will find usb storage.
Last edited by varuntis1993; 25th February 2014 at 11:09 PM.
25th February 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuntis1993

I also use stickmount app, it would not show in the storage in settings on stock rom but on a custom rom since they have enabled that feature by default it has it under the storage settings but when using stickmount u will see that the misc storage increases and other things does increase.

Always says the same storage as the SD, but at least I can use the whole 64gb a couple GB at a time. Just seems to be an error in the system not detecting size beyond 12GB. So as soon as you move a folder of various videos, for example, at say a total of 6gb, it'll scream "noooo not enough space!". But if I do file by file its totally fine. Oh well
25th February 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 53
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude555

Always says the same storage as the SD, but at least I can use the whole 64gb a couple GB at a time. Just seems to be an error in the system not detecting size beyond 12GB. So as soon as you move a folder of various videos, for example, at say a total of 6gb, it'll scream "noooo not enough space!". But if I do file by file its totally fine. Oh well

I haven't tried to copy a big file such as 6gb but I use my 16gb pendrive with it and it works fine mainly I copy my nandroid backups of around 2-3 gb. Try a different file browser maybe a problem with that btw Can u tell me what is the file format and size of a single file not a folder and also have u fomatted ur sd card in ntfs or fat 32
Last edited by varuntis1993; 25th February 2014 at 11:22 PM.
25th February 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuntis1993

I haven't tried to copy a big file such as 6gb but I use my 16gb pendrive with it and it works fine mainly I copy my nandroid backups of around 2-3 gb. Try a different file browser maybe a problem with that btw Can u tell me what is the file format and size of a single file not a folder and also have u fomatted ur sd card in ntfs or fat 32

Well it was a folder of a selection of files like I said before. About 1 to 2gb videos, my USB pen is 64gb and fat32 format right now as it seems to work the best. ES file explorer is the file browser I use. Like I said at the start, so far as I can tell, I can use all 64gb just fine but only 12 is "registered" as being available, same size as the onboard SD. So long as I move things in 1 to 2gb amounts its fine. Try to do multiple files or one big file and its "No space left"
26th February 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 53
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude555

Well it was a folder of a selection of files like I said before. About 1 to 2gb videos, my USB pen is 64gb and fat32 format right now as it seems to work the best. ES file explorer is the file browser I use. Like I said at the start, so far as I can tell, I can use all 64gb just fine but only 12 is "registered" as being available, same size as the onboard SD. So long as I move things in 1 to 2gb amounts its fine. Try to do multiple files or one big file and its "No space left"

I use solid explorer, can u try with that & also a different pendrive.If even then also the problem is there
Go to this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...v2-30-t1400034 and report here with screen shots.
Last edited by varuntis1993; 26th February 2014 at 12:37 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank