FORUMS

Sideload Apps

683 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By AstroDigital, Senior Member on 20th January 2014, 02:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Do you need to be rooted to sideload apps?
I do not think so but I read if you want to install Nova Launcher you need to move the APK, you need to be rooted.

20th January 2014, 05:41 PM |#2  
No you don´t need root just to sideload 3rd party apps. Works fine through Wondershare or ADB.
If you even consider using Nova, null_ rom is the way to go...
21st January 2014, 10:25 AM |#3  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 240

Donate to Me
More
Why not root and get Nova with Null_19! Your gear will not be completed without that rom! Just saying
21st January 2014, 02:39 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Flag colorado
Thanks Meter: 400

More
I prefer to have OTA updates and not worry about my $300 watch not booting up or anything else rooting causes. Stock with smart launcher and a game & calculator and my gta 5 cheats on my wrist. Don't need to have a mini phone on my wrist lol the idea is awesome but hell no in not willing to take the risk. So much procedures too

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 04:44 AM |#5  
Flag Egypt
Thanks Meter: 180

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuko303

I prefer to have OTA updates and not worry about my $300 watch not booting up or anything else rooting causes. Stock with smart launcher and a game & calculator and my gta 5 cheats on my wrist. Don't need to have a mini phone on my wrist lol the idea is awesome but hell no in not willing to take the risk. So much procedures too

Exactly
2nd February 2014, 06:41 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuko303

that's unture. it's definetly not complicated. follow the guide and you're done. that's over exaggerating. brakes in your car may stop working anytime but that doesn't stop you from using the car.
but of course some people are happy with the notifications and ugly touchwiz ui. each to his own but me and many other people would not even consider keeping gear if not custom rom that fomey has provided us. he is the true smartwatch maker.
The Following User Says Thank You to hurdlejade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 10:32 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
LOL. I'm one of them. I bought my Gear because of the posibility of installing null ROM. I would never paid $300 for having the Gear as it came from factory.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to danyvw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 05:49 PM |#8  
O-Town
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Is there any reputable people who will do the root and custom recovery for people who are tech. challenged or who don't want to take the risk? I had my Motoactv pimped out by a developer for $40 bucks. He installed all kinds of cool apps. and did adjustments in all the setting that I would have never been able to figure out or even thought of. Basically I just asked him to make my watch like his. That would be cool if someone did that for the Gear who was reputable and trustworthy within the development community.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
5th February 2014, 08:02 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro

Is there any reputable people who will do the root and custom recovery for people who are tech. challenged or who don't want to take the risk? I had my Motoactv pimped out by a developer for $40 bucks. He installed all kinds of cool apps. and did adjustments in all the setting that I would have never been able to figure out or even thought of. Basically I just asked him to make my watch like his. That would be cool if someone did that for the Gear who was reputable and trustworthy within the development community.

40 usd for putting apps on a watch? wow, someone got free money for few minutes of work...
my advice - just try to do it yourself. you won't burn your gear, in worst case you will just let someone else finish it if you want.. but if you succeed just consider donating that money to the creator of the rom.
5th February 2014, 08:16 PM |#10  
O-Town
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Lol, maybe but It was very much worth it to me. Much less stress and hassle.

5th February 2014, 08:25 PM |#11  

More
i would do it for a bottle of a good wine but i'm in europe so that's a no i think..
The Following User Says Thank You to hurdlejade For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread