Sony Refreshes Walkman App with Material Design

The paper-and-ink revolution is taking the Android sphere with the storm, as initially … more

Note 4 CM12 Nightlies, Microsoft Investing in Cyanogen – XDA TV

CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies are now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note … more

Stylish Black Azure Theme for CM12

This black, grey and blue goodness will make your CM12 pop with cold contrast and neat transparencies. If … more

Smart Lock for Chrome Now Available for Chromebooks

Android 5.0 Lollipop introduced a useful feature titled Smart Lock, which kept your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Some questions before buying one

OP alinescoo

25th February 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62

587 posts
More
I have a few questions before buying the D802 version:
- how is the flashing of custom roms process ? Does G2 have locked bootloaders ? Am I risking warranty void if I flash custom ROMs ? By risk I mean, can I revert to stock without the service to know that I flashed a custom ROM/rooted it ?
- how does the back feel? Is it slippery ? My main concern is that it will be incommode to use it since looks really shiny in reviews...
- how are AOSP roms comming alone ? CM? Are they good enough for daily use ? Does KnockOn work on AOSP ?
- does the screen have any problems like backlight bleeding or dead pixels ? I see on Nexus5 thread a lot of this issues and well.... n5 is made by lg also
- is the wifi connectivity good ?

Please provide me with any weak spots of the device... negative issues about it.
Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread