FORUMS

Icons disappearing after reboot

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By biohazard.tan, Member on 20th December 2010, 01:21 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys,
I realized after transferring apps2sd, some of the icons/shortcuts will disappear after reboot. Any clues?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
 
 
20th December 2010, 02:49 AM |#2  
edwinlinkt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag BSB
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Apps need to be in phone memory in order to see the shortcut on home screen after reboot.
So, just move those apps back to Phone memory
Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->"On SD Card"
Select the apps and press "Move to Phone" button.
20th December 2010, 10:06 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Noted. Will try. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
20th December 2010, 01:38 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinlinkt

Apps need to be in phone memory in order to see the shortcut on home screen after reboot.
So, just move those apps back to Phone memory
Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->"On SD Card"
Select the apps and press "Move to Phone" button.

Hi, I just realised some of my apps in SD card will not disappear. Any clues??
25th December 2010, 06:51 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
I am having the same problem on my i9000M. I am not using apps2sd. I've recently upgraded to Froyo (JK4). I've done a factory reset and format on internal sd in recovery mode and I am still getting the same issue.

Any idea/suggestion?
25th December 2010, 06:58 PM |#6  
seresseran's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard.tan

Hi guys,
I realized after transferring apps2sd, some of the icons/shortcuts will disappear after reboot. Any clues?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App


It is a bug of Samsung's Touchwiz Launcher. If you use ADW or Launcher Pro, there will be no problems I think.
5th August 2011, 07:30 AM |#7  
rohitruls's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Talking Simple Solution
Recently 3 out of 4 shortcuts icons in the undertray disappeared from my samsung galaxy i9000...

so what i did was i went to

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications> All> twlauncher> clear data...

Warning after doing this the homescreen and the menu icon orientation will be reset
but the good part is that the shortcut icons will be back
Last edited by rohitruls; 5th August 2011 at 07:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rohitruls For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2011, 02:59 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
you up fw 2.3.4 & kernel
15th November 2011, 07:33 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Figured it out
This is definitely a bug in Touchwiz. If the app has been moved to SD and then updated after the move, the Icon disappears after a re-boot. If you move the app from SD to the phone and re-boot the icons stay. Move the apps back to SD and you are fine.

Touchwiz see the icon as an ID and links the icon to the folder if the folder moves Touchwiz assumes that the program is no longer there. By moving it to the phone the id is reconnected and then moved with the transfer to SD.

No need to reset completely, just remember to reboot the phone AFTER you move the programs from SD to Phone. Then reboot AGAIN after you move them back to SD.
16th November 2011, 02:19 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
have the same problem but widgets and maps/apps gets duplicatet...driving me insane
21st December 2011, 08:12 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitruls

Recently 3 out of 4 shortcuts icons in the undertray disappeared from my samsung galaxy i9000...

so what i did was i went to

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications> All> twlauncher> clear data...

Warning after doing this the homescreen and the menu icon orientation will be reset
but the good part is that the shortcut icons will be back

__________________________________________________ ________

Hi Rohit,

You really rule!! thanks for this info... it totally resolved my issue... it did a bit more though nevertheless I can rearrange my icons.

Cheers

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes