FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Play mkv file on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

100 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By jimaginet, Senior Member on 30th December 2013, 10:15 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Samsung video player app came with this tablet can play mkv file but no sound. Is there a solution for this anyone?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 2

30th December 2013, 11:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaginet

Samsung video player app came with this tablet can play mkv file but no sound. Is there a solution for this anyone?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 2

Try diceplayer or mxplayer on the playstore.
The stock player can't reproduce ac3 sound.
Sorry for my english.....
Last edited by Pistacchio; 30th December 2013 at 11:08 PM.
31st December 2013, 02:16 AM |#3  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 656

More
MX player is free and works as does Archos player, also free. Both can be found on the play store. You may need to also get the Archos free codecs and if you want DTS sound in MX then you need to download the custom codec (there is a link in MX player)...
31st December 2013, 02:39 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes MX-video player will do the job but
Samsung video player on my note 2 can play mkv file with no issue. So there must be away to make it work.

Sgh-I317M
Rogers
Rom: DN3 3.2
31st December 2013, 06:06 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaginet

Yes MX-video player will do the job but
Samsung video player on my note 2 can play mkv file with no issue. So there must be away to make it work.

Sgh-I317M
Rogers
Rom: DN3 3.2

mkv is just the container, samsung dropped ac3 support. You can strip the audio & remux or do as others suggested and use a software based player.
31st December 2013, 06:37 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I used to use MX player but recenty found out clueful privacy advisor indicate it has the potential/risk of leaking the device unique ID. Currently using super video player/Gplayer using software decoder to be able to hear audio during video playback.
Last edited by bruce16878; 31st December 2013 at 06:48 AM.
31st December 2013, 01:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Dice Player gets my vote its excellent, but you need "libffmpeg.so" for DTS audio which I added in the thread below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=13

Lets not forget XBMC if you want the full media center experience
31st December 2013, 03:06 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Talk about XBMC. I also have audio problem. I can get it plays any movie but bad audio meaning I can hear sound but too much static... Is there any setting I need to do.
Xbmc 12.3 on Note 10.1 2014 and Note 2 same problem.

Sgh-I317M
Roger
DN3 3.1.2
1st January 2014, 01:05 PM |#9  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 656

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce16878

I used to use MX player but recenty found out clueful privacy advisor indicate it has the potential/risk of leaking the device unique ID. Currently using super video player/Gplayer using software decoder to be able to hear audio during video playback.

Which is why I'm rooted, have xPosed framework installed and added xPrivacy....
1st January 2014, 01:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
If I were you I would skip the usual trash on market and go for VLC instead. Its free and opensource with excellent reputation of being the swiss knife of media players. Recently the authors made a sustained effort to bring it from PC to iOS and android.

Beta version is available on the market and fresh apk nightlies can be downloaded from their servers http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/android-armv7/.

Even though still in beta, everything except hit and miss harware acceleration works.
1st January 2014, 03:59 PM |#11  
Flag GŁtersloh
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Do I need any additional codecs for dice Player?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread