No 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Exclamation L720T sub forum petition

OP zeruth

18th May 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183

142 posts
I am requesting an official Sub-Forum for the Sprint Galaxy S4 Tri-Band.

While most roms work from the original variant, None of them support the radio correctly. As an example, using any kernel on stock TW will kill the radio, and users have to search and wade through the SPH-L720 forums to find info/files for our device.

A sub forum with the requirement of supporting the Tri-band version would be helpful to the Sprint S4 community, as it would stop much of the confusion of using the same forum, when it is not the same device. I also believe it would help gather more attention for what is now the standard sprint S4.

P.S. I have posted this in the appropriate thread, I just want to see how much of you want the same thing.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zeruth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Thumbs up
in on this
18th May 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 36

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeruth

I am requesting an official Sub-Forum for the Sprint Galaxy S4 Tri-Band.

While most roms work from the original variant, None of them support the radio correctly. As an example, using any kernel on stock TW will kill the radio, and users have to search and wade through the SPH-L720 forums to find info/files for our device.

A sub forum with the requirement of supporting the Tri-band version would be helpful to the Sprint S4 community, as it would stop much of the confusion of using the same forum, when it is not the same device. I also believe it would help gather more attention for what is now the standard sprint S4.

P.S. I have posted this in the appropriate thread, I just want to see how much of you want the same thing.

Absolutely!

We have needed this for quite some time now... Just having a thread or a few is not enough, come on XDA Administration, don't you think it has been long overdue?
19th May 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #4  
Flag Spring Hil, TN
Thanks Meter: 56

337 posts
More
I would like a sub forum for it.
21st May 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
More
Agreed, I realize it is a pain to setup for a small(?) Amount of users, but it would be much more convenient to locate information on my phone.
21st May 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #6  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,976

28,754 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry guys. This will not happen. What needs to be done is ROM developers need to properly label in their titles or OPs whether the tri-band is properly supported. As stated the same ROMs flash and do not cause bricks so there is no danger therefore no needed extra forum.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #7  
Flag Spring Hil, TN
Thanks Meter: 56

337 posts
More
It's not just ROMS, it's also T specific tweaks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
23rd May 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #8  
Flag Right behind you!

28,754 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyCWG

It's not just ROMS, it's also T specific tweaks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which can be made into a flashable zip....point is, there is no danger to either version. This is a development site and people should understand what they are flashing on their phone. As mentioned...ask that developers properly label their OP or thread title whether or not tri-band is supported.
23rd May 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #9  
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 36

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

Which can be made into a flashable zip....point is, there is no danger to either version. This is a development site and people should understand what they are flashing on their phone. As mentioned...ask that developers properly label their OP or thread title whether or not tri-band is supported.

No disrespect to you, but I think you are missing the point as to why have a sub forum with-in this forum. There are so many questions throughout this forum now that are mixed in with other threads and digging through to find the information is a challenge for anyone new. A lot of the questions for the T version become un-answered. If there were a place where all the threads could be in one place that would be great! Besides it would not be hard for it to be added. The only reason I could think of is if no one wanted to mod the section to keep people in check.
23rd May 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #10  
Flag Right behind you!

28,754 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezmar

No disrespect to you, but I think you are missing the point as to why have a sub forum with-in this forum. There are so many questions throughout this forum now that are mixed in with other threads and digging through to find the information is a challenge for anyone new. A lot of the questions for the T version become un-answered. If there were a place where all the threads could be in one place that would be great! Besides it would not be hard for it to be added. The only reason I could think of is if no one wanted to mod the section to keep people in check.

Moderation is not an issue at all. It would just be included in the US Samsung team of 48 existing devices. I think the point is being missed that there is not enough differences in hardware to warrant it as 99% of the work is compatible and the only issues will be not taking full advantage of the tri-band spectrum. Look at the Galaxy Nexus forum. There is an international device and a Sprint CDMA device sharing the same forum just fine. The only difference is that the international ROMs WILL brick the Sprint device so another development subforum was added. In this case all you would need to do is flash a compatible ROM. Add to that this is not the place to ask for more device forums. It is here. But as I said, I can guarantee it will be denied based on the reasons I already stated.
The only T specific questions that I would expect to see are issues with tri-band connectivity (welcome to Sprint) and what ROMs are T-friendly. If the ROM threads are properly titled then there would be no need for the last question.

The Following User Says Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread