Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 Apps that work on our Sprint S4 Updated 061914

Tip us?

jzebrahockey
Old
(Last edited by jzebrahockey; 16th July 2014 at 08:36 PM.) Reason: Added S5 Dialer and Contacts Flashable Updated
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default S5 Apps that work on our Sprint S4 Updated 061914

Here are downloads for some of the S5 apps that work on our S4. These are all apps that I use myself including the S5 Touchwiz, Notification panel, mms and more. For the apks in the system... folders please backup your original files and copy and paste the files. Make sure to set the proper permissions and then reboot. I would copy and paste them all from the system folder including app, priv_app and lib then reboot. The other apks install like normal apps. I am not responsible if your brick your phone. Always make a nandroid backup first. For me most of these worked on oxed stock rooted phone and all work on my phone running Sacs 4.4.2 v4. I did not port these apps over and I take no credit for most of them. I am just sharing here so people with the Sprint S4 can have them as well. Good luck and enjoy.

S5 Apps in zip:

SBrowser -- Thanks to vicl89
SPlanner -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
App that fixes birthday notifications fc -- Thanks to Able95 Install like normal app
Accuweather -- Thanks to Able95
Calculator -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
MyFiles -- Thanks to Able95
MMS -- Taken from ND2 S5 Rom by tdunham
SFinder -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
TouchWizHome (Fully working with ThemeChooser, WallpaperPicker, WallpaperCropper and PullUp) -- Thanks to Arsaw
SystemUI -- Thanks to Able95
GroupPlay -- Thanks to Able95
Video -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
SNote -- Thanks to Able95
S-Voice -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
Watchon -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
Updated Watchon -- Thanks to Able95 Install like normal app
Optical Reader -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5

https://www.mediafire.com/?j1s6mhhdrax5g21

S4 Settings with Added features
If you want the stock S4 settings with the added download booster and App opps use this file. I decompliled the apk added two lines of code and compiled and signed the apk. It works on my s4 with no problems.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mr...ecSettings.apk

For Sounds and wallpapers use this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2692969

To flash the s5 icons use this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682162

For updated video player with option to have transparent bar use this. Thanks to @$ideWinder
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2271

S5 Voice Note App -- Thanks to citymen34
https://mega.co.nz/#!zwh0hSxQ!Pcbaec...qRLnq9rl3JnWm8
Make sure to rename the old files first to .bak then copy and paste the system/app and system/framework file into the right folders and set proper permissions. rw-r--r--. Then reboot and enjoy the new app.

Update

S5 Contacts and Dialer with working Call Pop-up from S5 -- Thanks to sac23
Click here to download.Rename SecContacts and SecPhone to .bak and then boot into recovery and make a backup and then flash the zip. Let me know if it works.

↓↓↓ For more updates click the button ↓↓↓

OLD S5 Dialer and Contacts old pop-up window -- Thanks to citymen34, sac23 and myself
Here is the dark themed S5 Dialer and Contacts. Go into system/priv-app and rename the SecContacts and SecPhone Apks to .bak and then boot into recovery. This should be able to flash through recovery. First make a Nandroid backup. Very Important. Then flash. If for some reason it doesn't flash then just copy all of the files from the folders to the correct locations. For the Framework ones copy to the root of the system folder first and set the proper permission rw-r--r-- then copy and replace the current files in the framework folder. Your phone will most likely reboot and that's ok. If for some reason it gets stuck on the boot screen then go into recovery and restore your system folder. Good luck and please let me know if the flash works and if the dialer and contacts are working for you.

My Magazines
S4 framework-res.apk framework.jar and Magazines.apk and Headlines.apk to get My Magazines to work. FIRST MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!! Very Important. Try and flash this through recovery and let me know if it works. It should work just fine if not do a custom restore from the backup you made of your system folder. If you don't want to flash it or the flash doesn't work copy the files from the zip to the base of the system folder. Then set the proper permissions of rw-r--r--. Now go into system/framework and make a copy of the framework-res.apk and framework.jar. Now copy and paste the two file on the base of the system to the framework folder and press yes to both pop-up windows. Your phone might restart if so let it go through the restart. If not continue to copy and paste the magazines.apk and Headlines.apk files into system/app and set the proper permissions rw-r--r--. Now restart your phone and you should be good to go. On the home screen of the S5 Touchwiz scroll to the left and see if Magazines works now. If it isn't enables press down on a blank area on the screen and select Home Screen Settings. Now press the check box next to My Magazines. You should be good to go from there. Let me know if this works for everyone. Thanks.Click Here to download

S5 Music Player fully working -- Thanks to $ideWinder
Download here You can try to flash this in recovery as I made it a flashable version. My first one so let me know if it works or not. If not then just Copy and Paste all files into the specific directories and set the proper permissions rw-r--r--. Rename the old music player files to .bak, use the zip to see which file and where they are located and then reboot. IMPORTANT!!! Before opening the music app go to settings--App Manager and then clear the data for the Media Server and for the Music Player. Then you will be able to use the music player with no problems. It may take a few minutes for your music to appear just be patient and wait and enjoy.
Guide to using Root Explorer to make the Music Player work is HERE.Please press the Thanks button if I have helped you. Thank you.

SHealth working -- Thanks to Sac23
Flash THIS in recovery. Then the app will update once you open it.

Wallpaper chooser for S5 Touchwiz home with added S4/S5/Note 2 & 3 wallpapers. I decompiled the apk and added the wallpapers and recompiled and signed the apk. Tested and working on Sprint S4 running Sacs 4.4.2 v4 which is a deodexed rom. Just copy and paste the apk into system/priv_app and set the proper permissions. rw-r--r-- and then reboot.
Download Here

If this thread was helpful please press the Thanks button.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jzebrahockey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2584
You should post the credit for each one.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

jzebrahockey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
You should post the credit for each one.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Done. Please press the Thanks button if you download the apps. Thank you.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jzebrahockey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sezmar
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Where is the Calculator?

jzebrahockey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezmar View Post
Where is the Calculator?
It is in the priv_app folder. The name is Popupcalculator.apk

stealthee
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I am using sac v4 and the SecSettings.apk installs just fine and even can open it. then i reboot and im back to s5 settings. and have to install again to get back to s4 settings.

jzebrahockey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
I am using sac v4 and the SecSettings.apk installs just fine and even can open it. then i reboot and im back to s5 settings. and have to install again to get back to s4 settings.
Don't install it copy and paste it into the system/priv-app folder and set the proper permissions rw-r--r-- and then reboot. You should be good to go.

amieldl143
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Voice recorder not working..deleted s4 recorder and the jar framework flashed s5 recrdr won't open

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Was I suppose to leave odex framework and replace the jar only

jzebrahockey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by amieldl143 View Post
Voice recorder not working..deleted s4 recorder and the jar framework flashed s5 recrdr won't open

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Was I suppose to leave odex framework and replace the jar only

It works on my phone but it is deodexed. I haven't tried it on odexed. Hopefully you didn't erase the odex file. If it doesn't work with or without it, then it might just work on deodexed. A good rom to use that is deodexed is Sacs. You will have to google it to find his newer version which is 4.4.2 v4.
The Following User Says Thank You to jzebrahockey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jzebrahockey
Old
(Last edited by jzebrahockey; 12th June 2014 at 08:58 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Updated. Added the S5 music player fully working. Credit is above.
If I have helped you make sure to press the THANKS button.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jzebrahockey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]