Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,844 Members 51,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to get to KitKat?

Tip us?
 
muffinflesh
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default [Q] How to get to KitKat?

I am currently running grievous rom on d800 and want to get to KitKat rooted. What method should I take for this? Can I flash rooted 10o and or 10d and go from there with the ota?
 
HRodMusic
Old
#2  
HRodMusic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 224
Posts: 1,670
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinflesh View Post
I am currently running grievous rom on d800 and want to get to KitKat rooted. What method should I take for this? Can I flash rooted 10o and or 10d and go from there with the ota?
from what ive read, if im not mistaken, you need to go back to stock

how to go back to stock
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

and you need to wait for the OTA, i heard some people contact att to get the ota pushed faster.



im personally waiting for a custom rom that removes all the att bloat, and ill just flash it on twrp, not sure how long that wait will be couple days perhaps or maybe hours. wish we had better dev support =(
Carrier: AT&T
Phone: HTC One (M8)

Phones
HTC Diamond->Blackberry Curve->G1->Motorola Rockr E8->IPhone 3G->Galaxy S Vibrant->IPhone 4-> HTC Sensation->Sidekick 4G ->SGS2 -> Galaxy Nexus-> IPhone 4S 32gb white- > Skyrocket-> Galaxy S3-> Nexus 4-> HTC One X -> White 32gb iPhone 5 ->Galaxy Note II -> HTC One -> Snowtrooper Nexus 5 32GB -> Note 3 -> LG G2 -> HTC ONE M8
 
muffinflesh
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRodMusic View Post
from what ive read, if im not mistaken, you need to go back to stock

how to go back to stock
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

and you need to wait for the OTA, i heard some people contact att to get the ota pushed faster.



im personally waiting for a custom rom that removes all the att bloat, and ill just flash it on twrp, not sure how long that wait will be couple days perhaps or maybe hours. wish we had better dev support =(
Yeah that might be the best option since I don't want The bloatware either.
$20 donation to the first dev that makes a stock debloated KitKat!
 
HRodMusic
Old
#4  
HRodMusic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 224
Posts: 1,670
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinflesh View Post
Yeah that might be the best option since I don't want The bloatware either.
$20 donation to the first dev that makes a stock debloated KitKat!
you're a generous man!
Carrier: AT&T
Phone: HTC One (M8)

Phones
HTC Diamond->Blackberry Curve->G1->Motorola Rockr E8->IPhone 3G->Galaxy S Vibrant->IPhone 4-> HTC Sensation->Sidekick 4G ->SGS2 -> Galaxy Nexus-> IPhone 4S 32gb white- > Skyrocket-> Galaxy S3-> Nexus 4-> HTC One X -> White 32gb iPhone 5 ->Galaxy Note II -> HTC One -> Snowtrooper Nexus 5 32GB -> Note 3 -> LG G2 -> HTC ONE M8
 
Ghstudent
Old
#5  
Ghstudent's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 376
Posts: 770
Join Date: Mar 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinflesh View Post
Yeah that might be the best option since I don't want The bloatware either.
$20 donation to the first dev that makes a stock debloated KitKat!
I'll throw in $5!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
HRodMusic
Old
#6  
HRodMusic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 224
Posts: 1,670
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstudent View Post
I'll throw in $5!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
the dev support here is practically dead now, we need to contact a dev from another forum to help us, im sure we could get it to happen if we start a decent bounty.
Carrier: AT&T
Phone: HTC One (M8)

Phones
HTC Diamond->Blackberry Curve->G1->Motorola Rockr E8->IPhone 3G->Galaxy S Vibrant->IPhone 4-> HTC Sensation->Sidekick 4G ->SGS2 -> Galaxy Nexus-> IPhone 4S 32gb white- > Skyrocket-> Galaxy S3-> Nexus 4-> HTC One X -> White 32gb iPhone 5 ->Galaxy Note II -> HTC One -> Snowtrooper Nexus 5 32GB -> Note 3 -> LG G2 -> HTC ONE M8
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes