Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,666 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No sound or wifi after installing custom ROMs and returning to stock.

Tip us?
 
benh84
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location [Q] No sound or wifi after installing custom ROMs and returning to stock.

Hi and thanks for looking at this post,

I have searched the forums and haven't found a thing that works for my phone. I rooted and backed up my current version this morning (4.2.2 stock) using CWM. I then proceded to install Wanamlite 1.5 for the S4 GT-I19505, which installed but had serious issues with sound, everything would crash when the volume controls were pressed or headphones inserted. I therefore switched ROM to Android revolution HD 1.0. I installed what I thought was the relevant wifi fix, but no joy.
At this point, I restored to stock 4.2.2 hoping it would solve the issue, but it hasn't, my cwm backup also has the issue after attempting to restore.
Anyone got any suggestions of how I can fix this? I thought the stock restore would have done this, but obviously not.

I am running android 4.2.2 on a stock rom (XXUAMDD_I9505EVRAMDA_EVR).
GT - I9505

If you need to know anything else, let me know. Thanks.
 
Joku1981
Old
#2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 554
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
- Go to CWM
- Make a full wipe (data, system and cache)
- Restore ur old stock backup
- I think this will solve ur problems

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
benh84
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
- Go to CWM
- Make a full wipe (data, system and cache)
- Restore ur old stock backup
- I think this will solve ur problems
Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately it hasn't worked

I'm assuming it's a kernel issue, but surely that would have been replaced after installing back to stock? Is there anywhere we can download the individual required kernels maybe?
 
Repulsa
Old
#4  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,001
Posts: 1,845
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by benh84 View Post
Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately it hasn't worked

I'm assuming it's a kernel issue, but surely that would have been replaced after installing back to stock? Is there anywhere we can download the individual required kernels maybe?
hey bro , since your on 4.2.2 would you mind to flash this via odin by selecting PHONE/CP? download it and extract http://d-h.st/f99 Make sure to turn off your phone manually then go to download mode and flash.
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

 
benh84
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
hey bro , since your on 4.2.2 would you mind to flash this via odin by selecting PHONE/CP? download it and extract Make sure to turn off your phone manually then go to download mode and flash.
Thanks for the help, was a different file from the one I tried earlier, but still no joy with this one either.
There doesn't appear to be a wifi-fix from the list of those files for my version. I'm going to try it, combined with a complete stock reinstall now, to see if there is any change.
 
Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 2nd January 2014 at 09:10 PM.)
#6  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,001
Posts: 1,845
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by benh84 View Post
Thanks for the help, was a different file from the one I tried earlier, but still no joy with this one either.
There doesn't appear to be a wifi-fix from the list of those files for my version. I'm going to try it, combined with a complete stock reinstall now, to see if there is any change.
as you can see if you flash a wrong LTE modems will break your sound . maybe thats why you loose your sound at all , would you mind booting into download mode and tell what does it says on top left of your screen thank you.
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

 
benh84
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
as you can see if you flash a wrong LTE modems will break your sound . maybe thats why you loose your sound at all , would you mind booting into download mode and tell what that does it says on top left of your screen thank you.
I guess that is what has happened. I've found the right modem fix now, so currently applying with odin as well as a full stock restore.

Top of the download screen says;

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9505
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung offical
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: enabled
eMMC BURST MODE: enabled
 
Repulsa
Old
#8  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,001
Posts: 1,845
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by benh84 View Post
I guess that is what has happened. I've found the right modem fix now, so currently applying with odin as well as a full stock restore.

Top of the download screen says;

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9505
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung offical
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: enabled
eMMC BURST MODE: enabled

there you go :P newbootloader = need to flash a new Wifi fix/Non-Hlost such as mkf,mj's mke , have a nice day.
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

 
benh84
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2009
After the last install, I now have sound back, but no wifi still...
 
benh84
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
there you go :P newbootloader = need to flash a new Wifi fix/Non-Hlost such as mkf,mj's mke , have a nice day.
Just seen this after my last post. Thanks for the help

Thread Tools
Display Modes