Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AcDisplay on LCD screen

Tip us?
 
K3VYNC
Old
#1  
K3VYNC's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 596
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São João de Meriti
Default AcDisplay on LCD screen

Does AcDisplay drain battery on black background?
Why?
(LCD screen)
Motorola Moto G (XT1033):
Stock ROM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210):
Stock ROM
 
matmutant
Old
#2  
matmutant's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3372
Posts: 2,741
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ~/
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3VYNC View Post
Does AcDisplay drain battery on black background?
Why?
(LCD screen)
Yes (in Active display = always on) since on LCD that's the while background that has a backlight and not only non-black pixels (contrary to amoled)
Using AcDisplay app by @AChep doesn't drain if Active mode isn't enabled
Moto G running Android 4.4.2 KK CM11 /!\ twitter ~ Blog : Andrux&me /!\
Bug Hunter for : Render Kernel, and AcDisplay
supported devices:
 

Motorola : Moto G (falcon)
RC-FAQ ; CM11 DeBug Thread

Xperia: X10mini (robyn); X10miniPRO (mimmi); X8/W8 (shakira)
MiniCM10: MiniFAQ
MiniCM9: MiniFAQ
MiniCM7: MiniFAQ
i don't have power of ubiquity : if you want me to answer, please quote me or mention me using "@matmutant" in the post
The Following User Says Thank You to matmutant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
K3VYNC
Old
#3  
K3VYNC's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 596
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São João de Meriti
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmutant View Post
Yes (in Active display = always on) since on LCD that's the while background that has a backlight and not only non-black pixels (contrary to amoled)
Using AcDisplay app by @AChep doesn't drain if Active mode isn't enabled
Can u explain more about that backlight?
Thanks

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
Motorola Moto G (XT1033):
Stock ROM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210):
Stock ROM
 
K3VYNC
Old
#4  
K3VYNC's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 596
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São João de Meriti
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3VYNC View Post
Can u explain more about that backlight?
It's the same thing on white or dark backgrounds?
Thanks

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app


Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
Motorola Moto G (XT1033):
Stock ROM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210):
Stock ROM
 
K3VYNC
Old
#5  
K3VYNC's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 596
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São João de Meriti
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmutant View Post
Yes (in Active display = always on) since on LCD that's the while background that has a backlight and not only non-black pixels (contrary to amoled)
Using AcDisplay app by @AChep doesn't drain if Active mode isn't enabled
And how Active mode drains battery?

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
Motorola Moto G (XT1033):
Stock ROM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210):
Stock ROM
 
thelegendofzeth
Old
#6  
thelegendofzeth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 147
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3VYNC View Post
And how Active mode drains battery?

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
Active Mode just stands there for turning on the screen with proximity sensor. When with Lockcreen Mode on, works like Moto X. I really do not have an big battery drain and used AcDisplay since it's first beta with Moto G.
 
K3VYNC
Old
#7  
K3VYNC's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 596
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São João de Meriti
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegendofzeth View Post
Active Mode just stands there for turning on the screen with proximity sensor. When with Lockcreen Mode on, works like Moto X. I really do not have an big battery drain and used AcDisplay since it's first beta with Moto G.
So black wallpaper doesn't drain battery (?)

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
Motorola Moto G (XT1033):
Stock ROM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210):
Stock ROM
 
thelegendofzeth
Old
#8  
thelegendofzeth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 147
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3VYNC View Post
So black wallpaper doesn't drain battery (?)

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
AcDisplay itself doesn't drain battery THAT battery at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to thelegendofzeth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
matmutant
Old
#9  
matmutant's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3372
Posts: 2,741
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ~/
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3VYNC View Post
And how Active mode drains battery?

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
Active mode listens to device captors, so it may use some battery.
About LCD, you should search for extensive explanation about the technology and its pros/cons against Amoled (too long ton simply explain here)
In short :
LCD = 1 backlight (neon like cold cathode) for the whole screen (always ON even if a single pixel on the screen is not black)
Amoles= 1 led light per pixel (ON only if a pixel is not black, and OFF if it is black: only non black pixel uses juice)
Moto G running Android 4.4.2 KK CM11 /!\ twitter ~ Blog : Andrux&me /!\
Bug Hunter for : Render Kernel, and AcDisplay
supported devices:
 

Motorola : Moto G (falcon)
RC-FAQ ; CM11 DeBug Thread

Xperia: X10mini (robyn); X10miniPRO (mimmi); X8/W8 (shakira)
MiniCM10: MiniFAQ
MiniCM9: MiniFAQ
MiniCM7: MiniFAQ
i don't have power of ubiquity : if you want me to answer, please quote me or mention me using "@matmutant" in the post
The Following User Says Thank You to matmutant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
K3VYNC
Old
#10  
K3VYNC's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 596
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São João de Meriti
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmutant View Post
Active mode listens to device captors, so it may use some battery.
About LCD, you should search for extensive explanation about the technology and its pros/cons against Amoled (too long ton simply explain here)
In short :
LCD = 1 backlight (neon like cold cathode) for the whole screen (always ON even if a single pixel on the screen is not black)
Amoles= 1 led light per pixel (ON only if a pixel is not black, and OFF if it is black: only non black pixel uses juice)
So, it's the same thing for battery? (Black wallpaper and colorful wallpaper)
Motorola Moto G (XT1033):
Stock ROM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210):
Stock ROM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes