Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Moto G - Google Play Music problem after latest 4.4.2 fix

OP nimmzwei

11th March 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
I just wanted to know, if anybody else is experiencing this and / or if you've found a solution:

Since the last update that was supposed to fix connectivity issues on 4.4.2, I get the "unable to play the track you requested" when streaming music from my Moto G to my Nexus Q (via Cast-to-upnp and bubbleupnp server).
This used to work without probs prior to the update. Now after 30min to 1h of streaming, I always get that error message. I then have to close Play Music, restart it, reconnect to my Q and it will work for another 30min or so.

My HTC ONE GPE (4.4.2) and Galaxy Note 10.1 (CM 10.2) don't show this behaviour. So far I've tried the following on the Moto G:

- Re-Install Google Play Music
- Clear media cache
- Disable 2G/3G connectivity

Any help very welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Cheers

Tobi
18th May 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #2  
paris
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimmzwei

I just wanted to know, if anybody else is experiencing this and / or if you've found a solution:

Since the last update that was supposed to fix connectivity issues on 4.4.2, I get the "unable to play the track you requested" when streaming music from my Moto G to my Nexus Q (via Cast-to-upnp and bubbleupnp server).
This used to work without probs prior to the update. Now after 30min to 1h of streaming, I always get that error message. I then have to close Play Music, restart it, reconnect to my Q and it will work for another 30min or so.

My HTC ONE GPE (4.4.2) and Galaxy Note 10.1 (CM 10.2) don't show this behaviour. So far I've tried the following on the Moto G:

- Re-Install Google Play Music
- Clear media cache
- Disable 2G/3G connectivity

Any help very welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Cheers

Tobi

hi, I have the same problem on my lg gpad 8.3 since I updated to kit kat, very often I get "unable to play the track you requested", did you find a solution ? thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2 kitkat, google play music, moto g, software update
Previous Thread Next Thread