Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to power on a phone with a broken power button?

Tip us?

Cheesejam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default How to power on a phone with a broken power button?

My LG G2's power button and volume rockers appear to have stopped working. My phone is off and USB debugging is off. Is there any way I can power my phone on? Thanks!

nam555
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesejam View Post
My LG G2's power button and volume rockers appear to have stopped working. My phone is off and USB debugging is off. Is there any way I can power my phone on? Thanks!
Install some imaginary buttons from Google Play. Maybe it will help

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk Pre

Cheesejam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam555 View Post
Install some imaginary buttons from Google Play. Maybe it will help

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk Pre
The problem is that my phone is off! And I can't turn it on without using the power button it seems.

Ryborg
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is it the button itself that is broken or the functionality of the electronics? I once had to replace the physical button after the guts had fallen out of it. Got to the last step of rooting my phone, went to press that rocker button and ...nothing. I always used the virtual, on screen button for photos, so I never even realized that it was dead. They can usually find them somewhere online

Cheesejam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryborg View Post
Is it the button itself that is broken or the functionality of the electronics? I once had to replace the physical button after the guts had fallen out of it. Got to the last step of rooting my phone, went to press that rocker button and ...nothing. I always used the virtual, on screen button for photos, so I never even realized that it was dead. They can usually find them somewhere online
I think it is the electronics because at one point my power button/volume buttons were randomly getting pressed without my input. But, I really don't know for sure.

Ryborg
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesejam View Post
I think it is the electronics because at one point my power button/volume buttons were randomly getting pressed without my input. But, I really don't know for sure.
That's out of my realm of knowledge then, might be time for a new ride... Sorry and good luck

android yoyash
Old
(Last edited by android yoyash; 26th February 2014 at 05:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Try charging your phone. It will boot Go to recovery and then click reboot phone.
Or
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1603616

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using XDA Premium 4 mobile app