Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What h.264 Profile level does the Compact support for playback?

Tip us?

Kaskade
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default [Q] What h.264 Profile level does the Compact support for playback?

In previous white papers like that from the Xperia Ray that i own, too.. there was information like "h.264 High Profile Level 3.1". I used this information to get the best possible encodes with Handbrake.
Unfortunately all the white papers from the Z line don't tell that anymore. Does someone know what the Compact supports now?

Kaskade
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0 View Post
The Z1 Compact records in 1080p, 30fps High Profile Level 4.0.
I know that, too. What i was asking is what profile it supports for playback, not recording.
Usually playback has higher support than recording. Example of Xperia Ray: Recording = Baseline Profile 0 / Playback = High Profile 3.1

zxz0O0
Old
Thanks Meter 1,231

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaskade View Post
I know that, too. What i was asking is what profile it supports for playback, not recording.
Usually playback has higher support than recording. Example of Xperia Ray: Recording = Baseline Profile 0 / Playback = High Profile 3.1
I don't think it supports higher profile/level for playback. You could send me a sample though and I'll check if it plays smoothly.

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1,670

DONATE TO ME
I forgot where I got this but it states that it supports playback for High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps