5,594,564 Members 32,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] HTC One - USB not recognizing after downgrade HBOOT

Tip us?
 
Mark_HTCOne
Old
(Last edited by Mark_HTCOne; 25th February 2014 at 05:19 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Phone [SOLVED] HTC One - USB not recognizing after downgrade HBOOT

Hey,

So I have an HTC One (Unlocked, HTC__E11)
It has 4.3 (Standard, with root), S-off.

Yesterday I wanted to restore it back to stock, so I could get the 4.4.2 OTA update, only a problem arrised.
I flashed back stock recovery -> tried updating OTA, got red triangle during update.
RUU gave me errors aswell.

So after some googling, I decided to downgrade the HBOOT to 1.44, but now I have a big problem.
USB won't work anymore in fastboot.
When I try either ADB or fastboot, my phone is just not recognized.
Windows also doesn't recognize the phone and just gives me an error (Both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1).
I suspect it's because of the HBOOT, but there's no way for me to revert it.

What I really want now is just to revert my phone back to stock 4.4.2 with all the updated original recovery, hboot, etc but I have no idea what I must do now as I can't use fastboot or adb.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
 
alray
Old
#2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 524
Posts: 1,416
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_HTCOne View Post
Hey,

So I have an HTC One (Unlocked, HTC__E11)
It has 4.3 (Standard, with root), S-off.

Yesterday I wanted to restore it back to stock, so I could get the 4.4.2 OTA update, only a problem arrised.
I flashed back stock recovery -> tried updating OTA, got red triangle during update.
RUU gave me errors aswell.
Be more precise here! What was the error codes? Did you modified/erased some files in /system? maybe you removed some stock apps? If you messed with /system files then the ota installation will fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_HTCOne View Post
So after some googling, I decided to downgrade the HBOOT to 1.44, but now I have a big problem.
USB won't work anymore in fastboot.
When I try either ADB or fastboot, my phone is just not recognized.
Windows also doesn't recognize the phone and just gives me an error (Both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1).
I suspect it's because of the HBOOT, but there's no way for me to revert it.
It will definitively not work on windows 8.1 but it should work on 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_HTCOne View Post
What I really want now is just to revert my phone back to stock 4.4.2 with all the updated original recovery, hboot, etc but I have no idea what I must do now as I can't use fastboot or adb.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  • use your windows 7 pc
  • download and use latest android sdk here
  • download and install latest htc drivers via htc sync here then uninstall htc sync (drivers will be untouched)
  • use usb ports at the back of your computer (don't use usb hub)
  • post the output of fastboot getvar all minus IMEI/SN
If I helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want me to reply, QUOTE me or mention me using @alray, otherwise don't expect any reply

Useful links for HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Return to stock for Canadian HTC One Users by SaHiLzZ (BELL, TELUS, ROGERS)
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mark_HTCOne
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Okay so I just managed to get it to work on my Windows 7 PC by deleting all HTC drivers, and simply messing about with some drivers I found on the net (I have no idea how, but suddenly fastboot USB was working, so I immediatly flashed TWRP and the latest firmware).
So this is the new situation:

4.3 OTA Rooted
S-off
RELOCKED bootloader
TWRP 2.6.3.3
Latest firmware (Including Hboot 1.56)

What would be the best and easiest way for me to go back to 4.4.2 OTA (I'd like to keep s-off)
 
alray
Old
(Last edited by alray; 25th February 2014 at 04:03 PM.)
#4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 524
Posts: 1,416
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_HTCOne View Post
Okay so I just managed to get it to work on my Windows 7 PC by deleting all HTC drivers, and simply messing about with some drivers I found on the net (I have no idea how, but suddenly fastboot USB was working, so I immediatly flashed TWRP and the latest firmware).
So this is the new situation:

4.3 OTA Rooted
S-off
RELOCKED bootloader
TWRP 2.6.3.3
Latest firmware (Including Hboot 1.56)

What would be the best and easiest way for me to go back to 4.4.2 OTA (I'd like to keep s-off)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Be more precise here! What was the error codes? Did you modified/erased some files in /system? maybe you removed some stock apps? (YES/NO) If you messed with /system files then the ota installation will fail.

post the output of fastboot getvar all minus IMEI/SN
don't forget to quote me or mention me, otherwise I can't be notified by your posts.
If I helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want me to reply, QUOTE me or mention me using @alray, otherwise don't expect any reply

Useful links for HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Return to stock for Canadian HTC One Users by SaHiLzZ (BELL, TELUS, ROGERS)
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mark_HTCOne
Old
(Last edited by Mark_HTCOne; 25th February 2014 at 04:46 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
don't forget to quote me or mention me, otherwise I can't be notified by your posts.
Sorry about that.
Here's the info!

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 4.19.401.8
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
serialno:
product: m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: HTC__E11
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4182mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-bee46337
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0
 
alray
Old
#6  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 524
Posts: 1,416
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_HTCOne View Post
Sorry about that.
Here's the info!

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 4.19.401.8
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
serialno: remove
product: m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: HTC__E11
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4182mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-bee46337
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0
what was the ruu error code? It was a ruu.exe? If you can answer all my question this will be much easier and faster.
If I helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want me to reply, QUOTE me or mention me using @alray, otherwise don't expect any reply

Useful links for HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Return to stock for Canadian HTC One Users by SaHiLzZ (BELL, TELUS, ROGERS)
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mark_HTCOne
Old
(Last edited by Mark_HTCOne; 25th February 2014 at 04:54 PM.)
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
what was the ruu error code? It was a ruu.exe? If you can answer all my question this will be much easier and faster.
Error 170, with USB, with an ruu.exe.
The thing is, I gained access to fastboot again, and I want to be able to receive the OTA update of 4.4.2
My current situation is

4.3 OTA Rooted
S-off
UNLOCKED bootloader
Stock recovery 3.62.401.1
Latest firmware (Including Hboot 1.56)

But OTA update doesn't show up anymore, what must I change?
 
alray
Old
#8  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 524
Posts: 1,416
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_HTCOne View Post
I can't really remember,
The thing is, I gained access to fastboot again, and I want to be able to receive the OTA update of 4.4.2
My current situation is

4.3 OTA Rooted
S-off
UNLOCKED bootloader
Stock recovery 3.62.401.1
Latest firmware (Including Hboot 1.56)

But OTA update doesn't show up anymore, what must I change?
you should start over with a fresh install. Flash the 1.28.401 ruu.zip then apply all ota.
If I helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want me to reply, QUOTE me or mention me using @alray, otherwise don't expect any reply

Useful links for HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Return to stock for Canadian HTC One Users by SaHiLzZ (BELL, TELUS, ROGERS)
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mark_HTCOne
Old
(Last edited by Mark_HTCOne; 25th February 2014 at 05:19 PM.)
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
you should start over with a fresh install. Flash the 1.28.401 ruu.zip then apply all ota.
Thanks!
I just flashed 1.28.401.8 ruu.zip and it worked!
I can get the OTA updates now, really, you are a life saver.
Would've taken me ages to figure out that flashing the RUU zip would work.
Thanks again.

It's all solved now, this topic can be closed.
 
alray
Old
#10  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 524
Posts: 1,416
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_HTCOne View Post
Thanks!
I can get the OTA updates now, really, you are a life saver.
Would've taken me ages to figure out that flashing the RUU zip would work.
Thanks again.

It's all solved now, this topic can be closed.
glad it worked. Can you please edit your thread title to [SOLVED] HTC One - USB not recognizing after downgrade HBOOT
If I helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want me to reply, QUOTE me or mention me using @alray, otherwise don't expect any reply

Useful links for HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Return to stock for Canadian HTC One Users by SaHiLzZ (BELL, TELUS, ROGERS)
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes