FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] HTC One stuck in recovery and bootloader

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By xexxonx, Junior Member on 23rd February 2014, 11:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I recently decided to update my ROM to Renovate 8.2 (I had a really old version of it before so I already did all the necessities to install a ROM). Everything went perfectly, I downloaded the ROM and put it in the phone's storage. Went into TWRP recovery (2.5.0), install -> clicked on the ROM zip, followed the on screen direction, installation went smoothly, then finish -> reboot.

Since then, the phone default boots to recovery; I can also access bootloader, but that's it.

I have looked for a solution everywhere, but nothing seems to work. The most promising seems to be the adb sideload, but I get the device not recognized error (all the fix for this error need me to get into the settings page in the phone, which I can't access).

I suspect it has something to do with dalvik cache/cache, but I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated!

23rd February 2014, 11:42 PM |#2  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Have you updated your TWRP to the latest version? What about firmware updates prior to flashing the ROM?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
23rd February 2014, 11:44 PM |#3  
Flag Hereford
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Flash twrp 2.6.3.3 and flash the Rom again.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app
24th February 2014, 01:05 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I think I need to fix the issue of my phone not showing up on my computer first right? I would need to put the twrp file onto my phone to flash it?
24th February 2014, 01:24 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 515

Donate to Me
More
Flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 regardless and then work on your ADB issues. What windows OS do you have?

sent from my mobile device
24th February 2014, 01:25 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 regardless and then work on your ADB issues. What windows OS do you have?

How would I go about that? Windows 8.1
24th February 2014, 02:08 AM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
You will find a thread in general forum to address it

24th February 2014, 04:18 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
OK I am using the TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.3 tool, but my PC doesn't recognize the phone, so I can't proceed. Any idea on how to get the PC to recognize my phone again?
24th February 2014, 04:33 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
So what did you do to resolve it?

24th February 2014, 04:39 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

So what did you do to resolve it?

I put the phone into bootloader no problem, ran the program, connected it to my PC via USB as instructed, the bootloader even reads FASTBOOT USB which is suppose to happen; but when I proceed with the program, it's stuck on "waiting for device". My PC gives the error "USB device not recognized".

I am using this recovery program.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2467536
24th February 2014, 06:26 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Guys I am so stumped!

I can't update TWRP because my PC refuses to recognize my HTC One, I have tried numerous driver fix solutions but they all end up with either "USB device not recognize" or "the best driver is already installed" when I tried to manually install the drivers.

I am also considering just resetting the phone, how would I go about that if I am stuck in recovery and bootloader?

Any help would be appreciated!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)