Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Status/Notification bar auto hide

Tip us?
 
Jinjur
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Oct 2011
Question [Q] Status/Notification bar auto hide

Hi everyone,

Sorry, me again. Sound fixed Applied the wifi utility mentioned in a thread on here and low and behold, the sound stays. Bizarre.

Also fixed my webOS issues, thanks for the tips.

One more little thing.

I am running the 10.1-20131210-snapshot-vpn-tenderloin ROM

Now, I always (I am sure) on previous builds used to have the status/notification bar (with the time, wifi signal and notifications) visibile at the top when on the home screen.

It currently hides when the home screen is shown and appears when an app opens.

I have made various changes under "System>Status Bar", "System>Quick Settings Panel" and "System>Notification Drawer" but nothing seems to have an effect on this

Can anyone help?

I like to be able to swipe the quick settings and notifications from the home screen but currently cannot

Cheers
Andy
 
jsgraphicart
Old
#2  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,398
Posts: 4,821
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjur View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry, me again. Sound fixed Applied the wifi utility mentioned in a thread on here and low and behold, the sound stays. Bizarre.

Also fixed my webOS issues, thanks for the tips.

One more little thing.

I am running the 10.1-20131210-snapshot-vpn-tenderloin ROM

Now, I always (I am sure) on previous builds used to have the status/notification bar (with the time, wifi signal and notifications) visibile at the top when on the home screen.

It currently hides when the home screen is shown and appears when an app opens.

I have made various changes under "System>Status Bar", "System>Quick Settings Panel" and "System>Notification Drawer" but nothing seems to have an effect on this

Can anyone help?

I like to be able to swipe the quick settings and notifications from the home screen but currently cannot

Cheers
Andy
Are you using the Stock Home Launcher or a third party one? Are you using an Expanded Desktop option?
 
Jinjur
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
Are you using the Stock Home Launcher or a third party one? Are you using an Expanded Desktop option?
Hi bud, yes....stock launcher.

No, expanded desktop is disabled

J
 
jsgraphicart
Old
#4  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,398
Posts: 4,821
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjur View Post
Hi bud, yes....stock launcher.

No, expanded desktop is disabled

J
Those are the only two things that I can think of that would affect that.
 
Jinjur
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
Those are the only two things that I can think of that would affect that.
hey bud, i know!

so its not me being daft then?

i mean....when the device is locked, the status bar is shown, when i unlock it, it slides away (autohide style) and when i open say, the settings app for example, it shows again

anyone have an idea?

J
 
Jinjur
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Oct 2011
Any more thoughts peeps?

J
 
nitrobg
Old
#7  
nitrobg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 367
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjur View Post
Any more thoughts peeps?

J
I suggest you to try this: Ultimate Dynamic Navbar

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitrobg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more