XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] anyone with a At&t z998 go phone please help

Tip us?

driftyar687
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] anyone with a At&t z998 go phone please help

i accidentally deleted a system app the other day while toying around with root access ( i am a noob to rooting ) not knowing the consquences of a simple mistake. anyway i tryed downloading the new OTA update for my phone and keep getting an error msg and im unable to install the update. this is from not having the original system app that i mistakenly dowloaded. this is a new phone and i dont expect to get much help but if anyone can it would be greatly appreciated. all i need would for somone with a z998 that would be kind enough to send me a file of their system apps so i can download this update thanks. all help is appreciated.

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftyar687 View Post
i accidentally deleted a system app the other day while toying around with root access ( i am a noob to rooting ) not knowing the consquences of a simple mistake. anyway i tryed downloading the new OTA update for my phone and keep getting an error msg and im unable to install the update. this is from not having the original system app that i mistakenly dowloaded. this is a new phone and i dont expect to get much help but if anyone can it would be greatly appreciated. all i need would for somone with a z998 that would be kind enough to send me a file of their system apps so i can download this update thanks. all help is appreciated.
If you have a nandroid back up of your phone, just restore that. Even if it is old, it doesn't matter. You can also try to restore the factory firmware and then apply the OTA update. This is done differently depending on the phone, but usually there are instructions for it on the manufacturer's website or if you are lucky the manufacturer has software designed to do this from your PC.

driftyar687
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm View Post
If you have a nandroid back up of your phone, just restore that. Even if it is old, it doesn't matter. You can also try to restore the factory firmware and then apply the OTA update. This is done differently depending on the phone, but usually there are instructions for it on the manufacturer's website or if you are lucky the manufacturer has software designed to do this from your PC.
yeah i dont have a back up & zte is a fairly new company I'm assuming because I couldn't find anything on their website. But I have cwm & my phones rooted so couldn't I just go ahead and flash the stock ROM if someone could help me out with that.

krash1256
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftyar687 View Post
yeah i dont have a back up & zte is a fairly new company I'm assuming because I couldn't find anything on their website. But I have cwm & my phones rooted so couldn't I just go ahead and flash the stock ROM if someone could help me out with that.
http://unleashedprepaids.com/thread-8769.html