5,601,062 Members 46,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock recovery for HTC One X+?

Tip us?

elitezenithweb
Old
(Last edited by elitezenithweb; 2nd March 2014 at 03:04 AM.) Reason: Updated question 7
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock recovery for HTC One X+?

I have an HTC One X+ that I have unlocked, installed a custom recovery mod (TWRP without making a backup ) and now I want to go back to stock stock stock (to update firmware and that fun stuff).

My phone's...

ENRC2B_U PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID: 11111111
HBOOT: 1.30.0000
radio: 1.1204.103.14
software version: 1.14.1190.1 710RD
Android Version: 4.1.1
HTC SDK API level; 4.63
baseband version: 3.1204.167.31
build number: 1.14.1190.1 CL124797 release-keys
sense: 4+ (that's what my phone says)

Unlocked version (I'm guessing international since it's unlocked... so Endeavor_C2B I guess)

(Don't know what information I need to provide, so I'm providing everything lol

Also, a few questions:

1) How do I flash stock recovery?
2) How do I unroot the ROM?*
3) What is the current most up-do-date RUU/firmware update for my phone? I seem to not find it, and OTA doesn't work for obvious reasons (says my phone is up to date, maybe it is, but I have my doubts [first of all, up-to-date HOX+ uses android 4.2.2... mine is 4.1.1] and additionally, I have custom recovery so it obviously doesn't work [though it said my phone was up-to-date before I did anything with my phone])
4) Do I need to worry about the firmware version if I'm going to install a custom ROM anyway? Or does updating the firmware update the antenna and everything/anything else that a custom ROM wouldn't do/touch/update? (I've had problems with the WiFi mainly on everything stock and current running firmware).
5) I've read somewhere that if you have S-OFF it doesn't matter what CID it is as long as the RUU is meant fr your phone (I'm guessing mine is Endeavor) so I can use any of the RUU as long is it's for my Endeavor... is that correct?
6) Also, how do I know what country to choose for the RUU? I see Asia, Europe and then I see O2 and Vodafone... I'm in USA under AT&T (BUT I'm using an international version phone I guess... bought it on Ebay since I travel overseas occasionally).
7) Do I need to run the RUU while my bootloader is locked or unlocked? (I figured it out... it needs to be locked [VIA search])

* I have stock ROM installed and I had the SuperSU installed but I did a factory reset and now I don't have the SuperSU App, but I have the SuperSU Installer App. Does this mean it's still rooted or not rooted?

EDIT: I found the following links

[www [dot] androidruu [dot] com/?developer=ENRC2B] but I don't know which RUU I need! (I guess I'll try with the highest radio number since I don't see the one with my current radio...)
[forum.xda-developers [dot] com/showthread.php?t=1975140] but I don't know which nandroid backup to choose? Fastboot says my CID is 11111111... not in the list

elitezenithweb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Used a RUU

I chose RUU_ENRC2B_U_JB_45_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.17.707.1_Radio_3 .1204.168.32_release_299722_signed.exe

Now I'm getting OTA (over the air) updates (fixes some bug with WiFi not working well with a Pakistanian SIM card in there), after I install the update, I go to check more OTA updates and it finds the same update I just installed... Here I am installing it the second time.

Also, still no Android 4.2.2 (even though 4.4.2 is already out [KitKat, but unavailable right now])... where do I find the most relevant latest RUU for my device? Help would be greatly appreciated. I'm still hoping to get answers to those questions as well. Thanks.

elitezenithweb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Updated

Ok, I got it updated to Android version 4.2.2 (which is, I guess, latest version) and software number is 2.18.707.5, sense 5.0... I guess I'm happy at the moment lol

Though I would still like answers to my questions as those answers would make it easier next time... this is mostly luck I guess.

elitezenithweb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Worse WiFi antenna?

Seems to have worse WiFi antenna then the previous version of this HTC One X+ software!!! Really disappointing, frustrating and everything else!!!

elitezenithweb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Antenna update

Ok, the antenna isn't that bad after a while (and possibly a reboot, don't remember). Apparently that RUU didn't flash my recovery to stock (wouldn't think it would now that I think about it)... for some reason it just deleted my current recovery and I'm without a recovery at the moment!!! At least when I tried to boot into recovery I got a symbol that looked something like a phone lying on it's back with a red triangle on top of it with a red exclamation mark in the triangle.

http://imageshack [dot] us/a/img547/5011/recovery.jpg (Credits go to Mecroob @ forum [dot] cyanogenmod [dot] com)