Protection for Z1S (T-Mobile USA). Any recommendations?

14th January 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 14

63 posts
More
HI there. Just ordered my Z1S and I'm really excited. Unfortunately it is new, limited to one carrier, and designed slightly differently than the international equivalent. So that means it's hard to find accessories.

I'm wondering if there are any manufacturers I should look out for that might produce a product I could use to protect the glass on the front and back. From what I've seen they are in fact pretty shatter-proof, but seem to scratch very easily.

I've never been the type to ever put a case on my phone, personally I think they detract from the beauty of the device, but I've seen some Nillkin glass screen protectors that don't look too bad.
14th January 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

35 posts
I bought the Nilkin tempered glass for my Z1. Will never use any screen protector but tempered glass from now on. Really happy with it.

Couldn't get the link but search for this on eBay.
Nillkin H+ 9H Hardness Premium Tempered Glass Front + Crystal Clear Back Protector Films for Sony Xperia Z1 L39h

Tapatalk
Last edited by Tillsats; 14th January 2014 at 03:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tillsats For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Grand Rapids, MI

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillsats

I bought the Nilkin tempered glass for my Z1. Will never use any screen protector but tempered glass from now on. Really happy with it.

Couldn't get the link but search for this on eBay.
Nillkin H+ 9H Hardness Premium Tempered Glass Front + Crystal Clear Back Protector Films for Sony Xperia Z1 L39h

Tapatalk

I already contacted the seller on ebay to see if they could source it for the Z1S. I don't see why not. That stuff all comes from factories in Shenzen and Shanghai... they can pump out stuff so fast. They have accessories made long before a device is announced.
14th January 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 50

380 posts
More
My understanding is that the phone comes with the factory screen protector already installed

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
14th January 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Grand Rapids, MI

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amorek13

My understanding is that the phone comes with the factory screen protector already installed

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

And in my experience when something is shatterproof it tends to scratch easily. Just like when something doesn't break it bends. There's always a tradeoff when you want lightweight protection.

There's some nasty scratch tests on youtube with the z1. Some drop tests too. Didn't shatter, but it didn't look pretty after.

If I can put an additional layer of strong glass on the front and back protect the nice stuff underneath... worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to POMF2K For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #6  
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 12

95 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMF2K

And in my experience when something is shatterproof it tends to scratch easily. Just like when something doesn't break it bends. There's always a tradeoff when you want lightweight protection.

There's some nasty scratch tests on youtube with the z1. Some drop tests too. Didn't shatter, but it didn't look pretty after.

If I can put an additional layer of strong glass on the front and back protect the nice stuff underneath... worth it.

Did you ever find a good screen protector? I got a scratch on the factory one and want to remove it to replace it. At least I hope the scratch is only on the protector...

Thanks
25th February 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 19

178 posts
Check out xtreme guard, they have both wet and dry install screen protectors for Z1s. I got both but used wet first.
So far, our Z1s doesn't have a reliable glass protector. I'm waiting for spigen to have one.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
accessories, screen protecter, xperia z1s
Previous Thread Next Thread