[Q] "adb devices" command not listing my Nexus 7 (2013) !

Search This thread

Tech2Yantra

Feb 15, 2014
Mumbai
When I try to run the "adb devices" command in the cmd prompt, its is just saying "List of devices attached", but the device Nexus 7 (2013) itself is not been listed. I am able to Kill and start the server. "adb reboot" command not working.

I checked the Device manger; It is listing the device as "Google Nexus ADB Interface" !

Also the "USB Debugging" is checked along with "MTP Device"

What could be the problem?? Any issue with drivers. I have already downloaded the adb and fastboot tools in the drive and running the cmd prompt from that path.

??

mdamaged

Oct 16, 2013
South of Heaven
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 4a
When I try to run the "adb devices" command in the cmd prompt, its is just saying "List of devices attached", but the device Nexus 7 (2013) itself is not been listed. I am able to Kill and start the server. "adb reboot" command not working.

I checked the Device manger; It is listing the device as "Google Nexus ADB Interface" !

What could be the problem?? Any issue with drivers. I have already downloaded the adb and fastboot tools in the drive and running the cmd prompt from that path.

??

It's driver related, install these, then reboot the PC, then with the device plugged in, delete the Google Nexus ADB Interface from within device manager, delete the driver from system if prompted, and leaving the device plugged in, reboot the device, it should redetect the device properly, wait for it to boot up all the way, then unplug the device and plug it back in, and test, you will want to do this for every mode combination, as per my post found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50253887#post50253887

The important part is making sure the device is plugged into your PC and set to the mtp/ptp/debug mode you want detected when you reboot the device after deleting the driver from device manager.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tech2Yantra

Tech2Yantra

Feb 15, 2014
Mumbai

It's driver related, install these, then reboot the PC, then with the device plugged in, delete the Google Nexus ADB Interface from within device manager, delete the driver from system if prompted, and leaving the device plugged in, reboot the device, it should redetect the device properly, wait for it to boot up all the way, then unplug the device and plug it back in, and test, you will want to do this for every mode combination, as per my post found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50253887#post50253887

The important part is making sure the device is plugged into your PC and set to the mtp/ptp/debug mode you want detected when you reboot the device after deleting the driver from device manager.

Thank you for helping out. I found what was wrong. The drivers were ok. I had ticked the MTP device option earlier. When I ticked the Camera (PTP) instead, the ADB commands started working. I even rooted and installed custom recovery through adb interface.

Thank u once again.

mdamaged

Oct 16, 2013
South of Heaven
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 4a
Thank you for helping out. I found what was wrong. The drivers were ok. I had ticked the MTP device option earlier. When I ticked the Camera (PTP) instead, the ADB commands started working. I even rooted and installed custom recovery through adb interface.

Thank u once again.

You're welcome, fwiw, if you follow my suggestions, you can make it so adb works in ptp and mtp, but if it's not important to you, then it's not dire.

Reactions: Tech2Yantra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

??

Thank u once again.

You're welcome, fwiw, if you follow my suggestions, you can make it so adb works in ptp and mtp, but if it's not important to you, then it's not dire.