5,594,341 Members 38,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint Note 2 (SPH-L900) Bricked after attempted 4.3 Update

Tip us?
 
QuantumInteger
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] Sprint Note 2 (SPH-L900) Bricked after attempted 4.3 Update

I've been having issue with my Sprint Note 2 for a while. I've also posted this to Reddit and other parts of the forum but so far have gotten no way to fix my issue. Here's the link to Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/..._attempted_43/

Sorry, I didn't want to type that all up again and having to deal with formatting and such.

Basically, the gist of it, from what I can gather is that I have accidentally loaded the 4.3 bootloader with KNOX and it is currently preventing me from doing anything productive (flashing CWMR, rooting, installing stock, etc). I read here on the forum that there were ways to do so, especially this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46861777

I was wondering if there were steps for the Sprint Note 2 SPH-L900?

Any help in debricking my phone is appreciated.
 
jlmancuso
Old
#2  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2174
Posts: 2,937
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: bryan, tx

 
DONATE TO ME
Try these steps.

1. Boot phone into Odin/download mode
2. Flash twrp or cwmr via Odin.
3. When it reboots pull battery and then boot into recovery.
4. Flash this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36388145 it is mc2 bootloader, firmware, radio, etc...
5. Reboot phone. Things get weird for a few mins but it will boot.
You are now Knox free once again but you are also bone stock.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
 
QuantumInteger
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Try these steps.

1. Boot phone into Odin/download mode
2. Flash twrp or cwmr via Odin.
3. When it reboots pull battery and then boot into recovery.
4. Flash this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36388145 it is mc2 bootloader, firmware, radio, etc...
5. Reboot phone. Things get weird for a few mins but it will boot.
You are now Knox free once again but you are also bone stock.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I've tried that multiple times. The problem here is that I can't load CWMR or TWRP. At first, I assume that I'd have to root so I downloaded the CF auto root file and flash it using ODIN. Then I tried installing CWMR (after converting to .tar using Caboomi's tool here on the forum). It would reboot and I tried holding down volume up + power + home button but nothing would happen. I try combinations of that and still nothing. I flashed the 4.3 sboot.bin to get it back to stock Samsung bootloader then retried with CWMR without rooting first this time and it still doesn't work. ODIN would tell me that it succeeds but I can't enter Recovery no mater the combination of keys that I press. I'm assuming this has to do with Knox in which case I'd just have to wait for the official 4.3 firmware on SamMobile to flash it since stock 4.1.2 won't work.
 
louforgiveno
Old
#4  
louforgiveno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 414
Posts: 1,322
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumInteger View Post
I've tried that multiple times. The problem here is that I can't load CWMR or TWRP. At first, I assume that I'd have to root so I downloaded the CF auto root file and flash it using ODIN. Then I tried installing CWMR (after converting to .tar using Caboomi's tool here on the forum). It would reboot and I tried holding down volume up + power + home button but nothing would happen. I try combinations of that and still nothing. I flashed the 4.3 sboot.bin to get it back to stock Samsung bootloader then retried with CWMR without rooting first this time and it still doesn't work. ODIN would tell me that it succeeds but I can't enter Recovery no mater the combination of keys that I press. I'm assuming this has to do with Knox in which case I'd just have to wait for the official 4.3 firmware on SamMobile to flash it since stock 4.1.2 won't work.
After flashing cwm do battery pull...Don't let it auto-reboot.
Also try different version of Odin maybe
"Squeal Like a Pig"
 
QuantumInteger
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by louforgiveno View Post
After flashing cwm do battery pull...Don't let it auto-reboot.
Also try different version of Odin maybe
I tried 3.07, 3.09, and even barebone 1.85 that came with CF auto root. It doesn't work. I can't load recovery just fine (according to ODIN) but I can't get into Recovery.
 
Keithgordon
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 177
Posts: 281
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Here is the fix https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2clvyo4y6....3_Unbrick.tar
I promise this will fix your issue, but when you get done, you will be on MC2 with the 4.3 bootloader, but, it will boot, let you flash recovery and everything. I know this because I did the same thing as you and flashed the old cf-auto root and bricked my phone to, and I created this file to fix it and if you look in the help section, you will find my thread on how to unbrick after 4.3 update fail.
I promise though, this will fix your fone
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keithgordon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
QuantumInteger
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithgordon View Post
Here is the fix https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2clvyo4y6....3_Unbrick.tar
I promise this will fix your issue, but when you get done, you will be on MC2 with the 4.3 bootloader, but, it will boot, let you flash recovery and everything. I know this because I did the same thing as you and flashed the old cf-auto root and bricked my phone to, and I created this file to fix it and if you look in the help section, you will find my thread on how to unbrick after 4.3 update fail.
I promise though, this will fix your fone
...My God..... What ever you did, it worked. Turns out, Caboomi's file didn't work too well. I couldn't get CWMR working at all even after converting to .tar. I used TWRP instead and it works. Problem was that it asked me for my password, which I don't know since I tried everything, so I had to resort to wiping everything. I installed the file jlmancuso suggested, loading it onto SD card then flashing using TWRP, and now my Samsung Note 2 is debricked.

Your file was a godsend. Thank you!
 
rckingws6
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jun 2009
Default No recovery stuck on bootloop

im having the same issue could you post that dropbox link again
 
rckingws6
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jun 2009
So i was able to get recovery back but it wont let me mount my sd card so i cant flash anything through recover was hoping the file you have could be loaded through odin as it is a .tar file correct please help and thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithgordon View Post
Here is the fix https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2clvyo4y6....3_Unbrick.tar
I promise this will fix your issue, but when you get done, you will be on MC2 with the 4.3 bootloader, but, it will boot, let you flash recovery and everything. I know this because I did the same thing as you and flashed the old cf-auto root and bricked my phone to, and I created this file to fix it and if you look in the help section, you will find my thread on how to unbrick after 4.3 update fail.
I promise though, this will fix your fone
 
Keithgordon
Old
(Last edited by Keithgordon; 26th November 2013 at 03:10 PM.)
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 177
Posts: 281
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckingws6 View Post
So i was able to get recovery back but it wont let me mount my sd card so i cant flash anything through recover was hoping the file you have could be loaded through odin as it is a .tar file correct please help and thanks in advance.
Yes, flash that file in Odin, it will downgrade you to MC2 with the MK4bootloader

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes