phone not registered yet FIX

Tip us?

podagee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 214
Default phone not registered yet FIX

A simple and easy fix. Replace the sim card from your local ATT store
Back up whatever media files etc you have on your phone.
Do a factory reset
Now your phone should update properly.
This should work for all variants.

This is due to leaving in the sim card while using the flashtool. It messes the sim cards registration with the phone up.

As a reminder whenever doing a reset with flashtool remove sim card or this will happen.
AT&T LG G2-teting roms-wrapped in Ballistic SG MAXX case.
XPosed-2.5
Philz-recovery

"Its not the device....its operator error."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to podagee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

garyd9
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1871
I've never seen the "not registered" message and I've restored via the LG Flash Tool about 7 times in the past 2 days, and I've never taken my SIM out. (It never even occured to me that I might want to.)

Donations: I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling charitable, help a child by going to http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
and click the "Donate Now" link at the top.

podagee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
I've never seen the "not registered" message and I've restored via the LG Flash Tool about 7 times in the past 2 days, and I've never taken my SIM out. (It never even occured to me that I might want to.)
Yeah not everyone experiences it but you might want to remove the sim before restoring. Ive done multiple flashes back to stock with the sim in until it gave out on me. Also if reverting back to stock 10d removal of the sim is necessary to rid the error at the end of the flash. It doesnt change anything but its more comfortable seeing a pass instead of fail...
AT&T LG G2-teting roms-wrapped in Ballistic SG MAXX case.
XPosed-2.5
Philz-recovery

"Its not the device....its operator error."

Ghstudent
Old
Thanks Meter 372

DONATE TO ME
This worked for me, wish I would have known that flash tool deletes all media... Most of my music gone (except what I already backed up, which hadn't been updated in ~4 months) and all of my pictures.. Thank god for Google+ photo sync.. Really wish that the OP of the guide I followed would have mentioned this..

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghstudent For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]