Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC ONE AUDIO port problem (AUX)

Tip us?

xsoft7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default HTC ONE AUDIO port problem (AUX)

Hey guys, i have htc one, and i have problem when i try to connent earphone (tried many , on different devices, including other htc one) , tried different roms.. but i still dont have audio output from the aux connector.
it's like the device cannot recognize that i am plugging earphones.

anyway, i tried an app called "soundabout" , and forced to play through the jack. and it did work!

but still i dont have earphone icon on status bar.

any solution guys? (tried on viper 5.0, revolution hd..)

thank you!

xsoft7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsoft7 View Post
Hey guys, i have htc one, and i have problem when i try to connent earphone (tried many , on different devices, including other htc one) , tried different roms.. but i still dont have audio output from the aux connector.
it's like the device cannot recognize that i am plugging earphones.

anyway, i tried an app called "soundabout" , and forced to play through the jack. and it did work!

but still i dont have earphone icon on status bar.

any solution guys? (tried on viper 5.0, revolution hd..)

thank you!
help?

JasSingh93
Old
(Last edited by JasSingh93; 24th February 2014 at 04:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Has it always done this? You could try flashing a different kernel. There could be something stuck in the port?

Are you rooted?

xsoft7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasSingh93 View Post
Has it always done this? You could try flashing a different kernel. There could be something stuck in the port?

Are you rooted?
yes i am, i'm rooted with stock kernel. friend of mine had the same problem and it fixed somehow by changing the recovery from TWRH to CWM.

it didnt help me though..

help?

JasSingh93
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
yes i am, i'm rooted with stock kernel. friend of mine had the same problem and it fixed somehow by changing the recovery from TWRH to CWM.

it didnt help me though..

help?
Hm, it could possibly be a hardware fault. All I could suggest is to try flashing different ROMs, performing full wipes before flashing. And checking the MD5s. Maybe try rebooting with the headphones plugged in?

xsoft7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasSingh93 View Post
Hm, it could possibly be a hardware fault. All I could suggest is to try flashing different ROMs, performing full wipes before flashing. And checking the MD5s. Maybe try rebooting with the headphones plugged in?
it cannot be hardware fault because i check if there are "forced output" through software calle "sound about", it basically pushes forecly the sound through aux even if it's not detecting if something plugged in. so i had output..

so what should i do?

JasSingh93
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
it cannot be hardware fault because i check if there are "forced output" through software calle "sound about", it basically pushes forecly the sound through aux even if it's not detecting if something plugged in. so i had output..

so what should i do?
A similar thing happened to my old Desire HD. Turned out there was dirt in the headphone jack that built up over time, the connection was still good so I could force the sound to be diverted to the headphones and it worked, but the phone wasn't detecting the headphones.

I had to carefully clean out the headphone jack using a pin.

Apart from this, I'm not sure what else to suggest

xsoft7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
well i though it might be a hardware issue, which i try to clean it, but it still didnt help, so it's only sofrware bug, which somehow denies access