Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 48,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there any way to make the screen brighter for movies/videos???

Tip us?

cappa662
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Is there any way to make the screen brighter for movies/videos???

I can't watch any movies... its way too black!!!!!!!! Otherwise the tablet is perfect, but it would be nice to watch a trailer without trying to figure out what is happening.

Surfing the web = 10
Functionality = 10
QPair = 10

However watching videos = 1

Is there a fix or should I just return this tablet for something else?
Phone: LG G2 (D800)
ROM: ATT Stock KitKat

malikadnanm
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Uh... just turn the brightness up and turn off auto brightness. Or get MX player and... Turn up the brightness in the app's display settings

sent from Moto X
Galaxy Nexus
T-Mobile US

cappa662
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikadnanm View Post
Uh... just turn the brightness up and turn off auto brightness. Or get MX player and... Turn up the brightness in the app's display settings

sent from Moto X
Already there but still hella dark watching movies
Phone: LG G2 (D800)
ROM: ATT Stock KitKat

malikadnanm
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Weird. Never had that problem

sent from Moto X
Galaxy Nexus
T-Mobile US
The Following User Says Thank You to malikadnanm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pike5
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Brighter Video Playback

The "Filter Your Screen - Free" app has dramatically improved video playback using the LG Video viewer, BS Player, and MX Player. The settings that work for me are: Alpha 30; Red 200; Green 200 and Blue 220. I also set the Display Brightness in "Settings" to 85% or higher.

After viewing a video, I set the Brightness back to around 50% and turn the Screen Filter off and it seems to save the battery. I can only get about 5 hours of battery life with the brightness set high and the Screen Filter on.

Hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pike5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonybhoy
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I'm the same I tried to watch a movie on YouTube and it was unwatchable think I might be trading this

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

techrider6262
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Install the screen adjuster app and turn the contrast up.I have mine set at -50 and makes a big difference.
Brandon Bruce Lee gone but never forgotten.

MRCANNADY
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by pike5 View Post
The "Filter Your Screen - Free" app has dramatically improved video playback using the LG Video viewer, BS Player, and MX Player. The settings that work for me are: Alpha 30; Red 200; Green 200 and Blue 220. I also set the Display Brightness in "Settings" to 85% or higher.

After viewing a video, I set the Brightness back to around 50% and turn the Screen Filter off and it seems to save the battery. I can only get about 5 hours of battery life with the brightness set high and the Screen Filter on.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the tip on this app. I will try it and update my thread to also recommend the app. I'm going to use it for a few days and see if it affects my battery life negatively. With the screen adjuster app running, I can easily go a day or two before having to charge my tablet.

Thanks

erwaso
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCANNADY View Post
Thank you for the tip on this app. I will try it and update my thread to also recommend the app. I'm going to use it for a few days and see if it affects my battery life negatively. With the screen adjuster app running, I can easily go a day or two before having to charge my tablet.

Thanks
I have found Lux auto brightness FREE in Car mode makes dark scenes in movies much much better. No noticeable difference in battery consumption either.
LG GPad rooted
AT&T LG Optimus G rooted
Sprint Galaxy S3 (work) not allowed to root

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by pike5 View Post

Hope this helps.
i'll try this today. I like this tablet but the brightness sometimes gets me upset. lol
Me: T-Mobile LG G3; Nexus 5 Tablet: LG Pad 8.3
Wife: Samsung Galaxy S IV SGH-M919 Tablet: Tab 3 8.0

Retired: T-Mobile G2x (2 Sold), HTC Amaze 4g (sold), GSM Galaxy Nexus (Broke ), Galaxy S II T-989(Sold), Galaxy S III T-999(Sold) Tablets: Samsung 7.0 Plus (Sold), Samsung 2 7.0 (Sold), Asus TF300 (Sold)