FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

Should i trade my ipad air for a note 10.1?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By wimkaay, Junior Member on 26th February 2014, 09:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello everybody,

I have a question for you. Should i trade my ipad air 32 gb for a note 10.1 2014?
The reason why i hink about this is because i love the s-pen. Also i love to draw and i think
The note is perfect for that. I have a note 2 als a phone, but i find the screen too small to draw.
What do you think. Keep my ipad air or trade for a galaxy note 10.1?

Thans for your adviice !!!!!!

Greets wim.

26th February 2014, 09:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimkaay

Hello everybody,

I have a question for you. Should i trade my ipad air 32 gb for a note 10.1 2014?
The reason why i hink about this is because i love the s-pen. Also i love to draw and i think
The note is perfect for that. I have a note 2 als a phone, but i find the screen too small to draw.

Greets wim.

The fact that you are asking that on here and not a fruit based forum gives you your answer. Enjoy your soon to be new note 10.1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redsurfbus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2014, 10:10 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimkaay

Hello everybody,

Greets wim.

I have both and I must say that the iPad Air has better viewing angles, better battery life, and the speakers have more bass than the Note. But the sad fact is the iPad can't do as much. What I love about the Note is that I can run Firefox with adblock, I can download torrents and watch media from the device without having to use a computer, I can browse files, etc etc. My iPad is only used for Netflix and a few music apps that aren't available on Android. I'm thinking about selling it actually.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trimalchioinwestegg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2014, 10:35 PM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 97

More
The Note 10.1 comes with sketchpad pro. Perfect for some wonderful drawings.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
27th February 2014, 12:58 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Tough call. I own them both and use them pretty equally. The s-pen is very good, but it's still nothing like write on a piece of paper in terms of accuracy. The ipad generally preforms tasks faster. Browsing the web is smoother and more responsive for example. The one killer feature that I love on the samsung though is multi-window support. I constantly watch youtube videos and browse the web at the same time. I found the notes performance out of the box to be unacceptable. I'm running clean rom and it's pretty amazing how much of a difference it makes.
27th February 2014, 03:31 AM |#6  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 72

More
My wife won a 32GB iPad Air at a work event a couple of weeks ago. Sold it to buy this Note 10.1 I am typing this on.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cjranucci For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 06:48 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimalchioinwestegg

I have both and I must say that the iPad Air has better viewing angles, better battery life, and the speakers have more bass than the Note. But the sad fact is the iPad can't do as much. What I love about the Note is that I can run Firefox with adblock, I can download torrents and watch media from the device without having to use a computer, I can browse files, etc etc. My iPad is only used for Netflix and a few music apps that aren't available on Android. I'm thinking about selling it actually.

I have also both Ipad air & Note 10.1_2014.
Actually both of them are great and each one has its own taste, advantages and disadvantages.

Ipad overall performance is better than Note 10.1. There is almost no crashes, force close or shut down while note 10.1 has this problem.
However the note is unique with its S-Pen. Note 10.1 is also unique in writing notes, taking and sharing pics and images.

I think trading Ipad air with Note 10.1 is not a good idea, but think of having both......

28th February 2014, 02:14 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh73

I have also both Ipad air & Note 10.1_2014.
Actually both of them are great and each one has its own taste, advantages and disadvantages.

Ipad overall performance is better than Note 10.1. There is almost no crashes, force close or shut down while note 10.1 has this problem.
However the note is unique with its S-Pen. Note 10.1 is also unique in writing notes, taking and sharing pics and images.

I think trading Ipad air with Note 10.1 is not a good idea, but think of having both......

Get pen and paper, way better.
The Following User Says Thank You to ozz007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 03:23 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 351

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimalchioinwestegg

Agreed on all points. I like both devices, but must admit the Air with Android, micro sd and USB would be a better device due to the points noted. The Air is hindered by iOS and iTunes Still like it a lot, but use both the Note and Air about equally.

The two dings though with the Note are the comparatively battery hungry display and the location of the USB. It is easy to forget about it with a case on and try to open it. One too many oops there means a broke USB port. I have done it twice already. The USB location IMO is pure dumb...... So is trying to open a case with it plugged in.

Added: Turning the power save mode on the display does help about 10% and I do not notice a quality hit. In fact, I thought it was a placebo until I compared battery life with it off. I do not turn the CPU throttle on though. Frankly, I thought that was the function of the lower powered core set.
Last edited by rushless; 28th February 2014 at 03:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rushless For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 04:39 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
yes i think so !

just only for the possibility to plug a hard drive or an usb key
28th February 2014, 09:00 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambraxneol

yes i think so !

just only for the possibility to plug a hard drive or an usb key

There is a wireless usb and card reader (Kingstone mobile lite) that reads usb flash memory and you can upload or download from the usb.
It is compatible with IOS and android devices.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread