Ask a question

No registration required

What to Buy or Galaxy Note 10.0 2014 or Nexus 10

OP cldcp00

16th February 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Could I possibly have your thoughts regarding whether to buy the Note or the Nexus 10. I have been using my friends Nexus 10 for a while and am impressed by its performance and reading up on the note it seems to have some performance issues. Have these been sorted out yet?
Also one of my main requirements for a tablet is its ability to highlight text very quickly be it in a pdf or Epub currently on the Nexus 10 I use an app called Moon+ Reader Pro which I find very slow during lectures and was hoping that the Note with its S pen can perform the task much quick. Is this the case?

Finally I going to the USA in a couple of weeks and noticed that the tablets are a lot cheaper over there. Would I have any issues if I purchased the unit over there i.e. warranty software hardware.
Is it the same?

Sorry I live in the UK

Thanks in advance for any help
Last edited by cldcp00; 16th February 2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: for info
16th February 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cldcp00

Could I possibly have your thoughts regarding whether to buy the Note or the Nexus 10. I have been using my friends Nexus 10 for a while and am impressed by its performance and reading up on the note it seems to have some performance issues. Have these been sorted out yet?
Also one of my main requirements for a tablet is its ability to highlight text very quickly be it in a pdf or Epub currently on the Nexus 10 I use an app called Moon+ Reader Pro which I find very slow during lectures and was hoping that the Note with its S pen can perform the task much quick. Is this the case?

Finally I going to the USA in a couple of weeks and noticed that the tablets are a lot cheaper over there. Would I have any issues if I purchased the unit over there i.e. warranty software hardware.
Is it the same?

As far as performance goes I think they have been ironed out. I got mine last week a d it shipped with the latest firmware. The only problem I've had is occasional reboots when trying to play youtube videos in the chrome browser and note the app.

The spen really makes it easier to highlight and copy and paste blocks of text that a finger is just too big to get effectivly.
The Following User Says Thank You to yohojones For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

116 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cldcp00

Is it the same?

Sorry I live in the UK

I prefer the Note 10.1 over the Nexus 10. Why? Productivity and good tablet at the same time. I doubt you would have any issues, maybe warranty issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hahahalalala For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
The Note 10.1 2014 performance is awesome and that will stay long without having significant performance issue.
The lag can be ignored and doesn't affect the whole performance.

Regarding the nexus, i was in the same delima before taking the decision and get my Note
The Note is better in Ram, Processor, Display, allow SIM cards, allow Micro-SD cards ... Nexus 10 is better only in the price & receiving Android OTAs very fast.
The Nexus 10 became old (released in 2012) and after another year you will feel that it has very low specs or you can wait for a newer release of the device.
The Following User Says Thank You to SherifMedhat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #5  
Flag Taylorville, IL.
Thanks Meter: 279

2,229 posts
More
I got tired of waiting for a new N10. I am really liking the Note so far. TouchWiz is a little... Busy... But this tablet has so many great features, it's really a great device. With how old the current N10 is now, it's not even an option IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to GldRush98 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #6  
Flag Nonthaburi / Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 80

628 posts
More
Smile
Nexus 10 Gen2

I am only see some expected spec since last year
but no more news about it

I would prefer S-Pen of Note Series
The Following User Says Thank You to ps000000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 273

638 posts
Is it the same?

Sorry I live in the UK

i have no nexus experience. from reviews its a very goof tablet, i do like my note and spen gives options for doing editing and markup that other tablets don't have or would be harder.
my caution is having a us version tablet in Europe. if you have lots of media purchased in UK i don't know what that would do. Versions of android on tablets are different. rooted all this can be changed, af you know your going that route. i dont have enough knowledge to tell you what problems you might have, and i would recommend further research .
if you buy in us i would get it quickly and give it a workout before leaving. many problems can be detected in a day or so , and you could return it while still here. personally i would hesitate buying us unless savings are substantial.
woody

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to woodsonmh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag NE Florida
Thanks Meter: 117

529 posts
More
I was considering both tablets myself and ended up with the Note 10.1 2014 because (1) I have a Note 2 phone, (2) There was no ETA on the Nexus 10 v2, and (3) The Nexus 10 does not have a SD card slot. Right now I have a 64GB MicroSD caard in my Note 10.1 2014, which is HUGE. I don't like Google limiting me to cloud storage on a WiFi only device.

Otherwise they are probably the two best tablets available right now, so you're not really going to go wrong with either.
The Following User Says Thank You to internetpilot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 8

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetpilot

I was considering both tablets myself and ended up with the Note 10.1 2014 because (1) I have a Note 2 phone, (2) There was no ETA on the Nexus 10 v2, and (3) The Nexus 10 does not have a SD card slot. Right now I have a 64GB MicroSD caard in my Note 10.1 2014, which is HUGE. I don't like Google limiting me to cloud storage on a WiFi only device.

Otherwise they are probably the two best tablets available right now, so you're not really going to go wrong with either.

I got the note for exactly the same reasons...and impatience.

Downsides of the note are the bloat, sick of some of it (scrapbook constantly clogging up memory, video trimmer thing as well, never use these so dont need them in memory!) but havent yet rooted a device. Have a note 2 and dont use the pen that often but it is very useful when I do want to use it......its a bit like spending the extra getting a leatherman with a bit kit or one not as advanced.....you dont use all the tools all the time but they are there for when you do want to use them.

I think I could get away without the 64gb extra as most of my stuff is online or on a HD on my home network, I have got into using cloud/google drive a lot more (I am a Google certified teacher) which I am finding very good but trying to change a habit of a lifetime is difficult.

Recent articles are pointing to Google dropping out of this sector of the tablet market.....so who knows if a new Nexus 10 will come out.
18th February 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #10  
Flag Nashik
Thanks Meter: 4

65 posts
More
My 1st post
I 'm new to this forum, & have similar confusion for tab purchase. I'm student & looking for all rounder table which would sustain for coming 2-3 yrs of update & advancements of apps to run on best tab. As google is about to stop its hardware line from this year so next best tab is Note 10.1 2014, considering productivity this is suitable to me. But how easy it is to use for layman & can ever this tab can get Kitkat update?
Sorry if I go wrong somewhere.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread