Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can You Unlock Bootloader for Verizon Nexus 7 32GB 2013 4G/LTE tablet?...

OP droidshadow

25th February 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192

351 posts
More
Hello everyone,

So i am about to purchase the Nexus 7 32GB 2013 4G/LTE tablet from Verizon tomorrow and I really need to get some confirmation about if i am able to unlock the bootloader for this tablet.

Now i have the Nexus 7 2013 Wifi only tablet which is code name FLO and i know that the N7 32GB 2013 4G/LTE tablet is code named "DEB" but i am not sure about the Verizon Model of this tablet.

I know that Verizon has a habit of locking/encrypting their bootloaders on some of their devices so that no customizations can be done, for example how they did on the S4, NOTE3 and the S3 after the Android 4.3 update.

Does anyone here have a 4G Nexus 7 tablet from Verizon and were you able to unlock your bootloader?

Considering that the Nexus 7 is a google product i am almost positive that I should be able to unlock the bootloader, but I want to be 100% sure before i spend $300 dollars!

If anyone could help confirm this for me i would really really appreciate the assistance.

Thank you all for your time and your assistance.

-droidshadow
27th February 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 56

138 posts
I too would like to know for sure. Finding info on Google search for the recent Verizon release has returned thin at best results.

1080xt root 12.15.15
13th April 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192

351 posts
More
So I know this is a very late reply to this thread but I want to close it down and let everyone know that yes you can unlock the bootloader on the Verizon Nexus 7 deb tablet. It unlocks just like the Flo tablet...very very easy.

I hope this helps out anyone else thinking of getting the nexus 7 2013 on the Verizon network.

Droidshadow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
30th October 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 52

255 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidshadow

So I know this is a very late reply to this thread but I want to close it down and let everyone know that yes you can unlock the bootloader on the Verizon Nexus 7 deb tablet. It unlocks just like the Flo tablet...very very easy.

I hope this helps out anyone else thinking of getting the nexus 7 2013 on the Verizon network.

Droidshadow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Once you unlock the bootloader, can you install the standard LTE roms? I am trying to determine if you can get LTE speeds on a GSM network.
31st October 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 113

619 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explore3

Once you unlock the bootloader, can you install the standard LTE roms? I am trying to determine if you can get LTE speeds on a GSM network.

The "Verizon" Nexus 7 is no different from the T-Mobile Nexus 7 or any LTE Nexus 7.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread