Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,035 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Emulation Compatablity Questions

Tip us?

stylesclash88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Emulation Compatablity Questions

I've heard retroarch is very good with cartridge based games. In terms of playing GBA, SNES and Genesis titles is retroarch the ideal choice (including camelot GBA games, which i've had poor experiences in the past playing on my psp). also is psx emulation close to as good as what is available on the PSP?

I checked the reicast compatability thread and found a few titles weren't listed. They are:

-record of lodoss
-floigan brothers
-fur fighters
-tee off golf 2

has anyone tested these four games. also i saw a large amount of feedback with shenmue. whats the latest on how it handles with the current build. Thanks

hexitnow
Old
Thanks Meter 328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesclash88 View Post
I've heard retroarch is very good with cartridge based games. In terms of playing GBA, SNES and Genesis titles is retroarch the ideal choice (including camelot GBA games, which i've had poor experiences in the past playing on my psp). also is psx emulation close to as good as what is available on the PSP?

I checked the reicast compatability thread and found a few titles weren't listed. They are:

-record of lodoss
-floigan brothers
-fur fighters
-tee off golf 2

has anyone tested these four games. also i saw a large amount of feedback with shenmue. whats the latest on how it handles with the current build. Thanks
I can't speak for all the emulators but for snes I use snes9x, it was also an emulator on the psp. The ps1 emulation is working great, just as good as the psp if not better. all I've played is ff7 and It works perfectly.

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.
and-roms.com
Nvidia Shield Root and More

KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ chown -R US ./base
chown: ./base: No such file or directory
KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ mkdir ./base
ownership changed

stylesclash88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexitnow View Post
I can't speak for all the emulators but for snes I use snes9x, it was also an emulator on the psp. The ps1 emulation is working great, just as good as the psp if not better. all I've played is ff7 and It works perfectly.

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.
Any framerate issues on a game like Super Mario RPG (one of the SNES games with a separate graphic chip).

DrSadistic
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Any framerate issues on a game like Super Mario RPG (one of the SNES games with a separate graphic chip).
Alot of that depends on the ROM you load, but testing on mine went smooth as silk.
Current Devices:
- Galaxy Note III
- Droid Ultra

Retired Devices:
- OG Droid
- Droid II
- Droid III
- Droid X
- Droid X2
- Sony Xperia Play
- HTC Rezound
- Droid Razr Maxx
- VZW Galaxy Note II
- VZW Galaxy S4

hexitnow
Old
Thanks Meter 328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Nope that is one of my favorite rpgs and a must download for me when emulating though

and-roms.com
Nvidia Shield Root and More

chown: ./base: No such file or directory
KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ mkdir ./base
ownership changed