Does the S5 still have Air View, Gestures and Smart Screen features?

Search This thread

deepen915

May 8, 2013
I saw the reveal yesterday and have read countless articles about the S5. There was no mention of them in the announcement and nobody has any info about it. Anyone?

ewa12321

May 19, 2010
Anyone know those new s features or gestures?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9295 przy użyciu Tapatalka

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Id' heard it's been dumbed down a bit, which i was interested in, for me the SGS4 was a bit gimmicky, seemed to be too much going on at the same time.

After a while you simply don't use some of the gestures, you rely on what you know, probably why the HTC One was so popular, it's system was literally stripped of anything it didn't need, worked really well and it's been the best to date, i think Sammy could take a thing or two from that.

Reactions: barondebxl

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Id' heard it's been dumbed down a bit, which i was interested in, for me the SGS4 was a bit gimmicky, seemed to be too much going on at the same time.

After a while you simply don't use some of the gestures, you rely on what you know, probably why the HTC One was so popular, it's system was literally stripped of anything it didn't need, worked really well and it's been the best to date, i think Sammy could take a thing or two from that.

Yep, they should definitely remove things like the smart scroll or the smart pause. Those are not even gimmicky, they are simply useless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dlads

dlutz8

Oct 13, 2012
They are still there but turned off by default.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394820261452.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394820261452.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 609

dlutz8

Oct 13, 2012
:thumbdown:It's not as good as the advertisement. it drains fast.( just basic apps running in the background nothing that should drain the battery.)
I love the camera , camera editing, and the sleek look of the phone. It's better once you hold it. looks really nice.
:thumbup: It's snappy and badass.

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
:thumbdown:It's not as good as the advertisement. it drains fast.( just basic apps running in the background nothing that should drain the battery.)
I love the camera , camera editing, and the sleek look of the phone. It's better once you hold it. looks really nice.
:thumbup: It's snappy and badass.

That's not good to hear about the battery life but I assume your device is running a pre-release software build so hopefully Samsung will fix any bugs that may be draining the battery in the final release software.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dlutz8

Oct 13, 2012
hope it will clear up but yes still buggy for now.

tarekboukaf

Feb 9, 2011
hi, i saw reviews about the s5, and i didnt see the feature when we put our hand over screen while its off to see main informations ( missed calls, sms, alarm)

Does it existe??

thankssssssssssssssssss

Goldie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2010
hi, i saw reviews about the s5, and i didnt see the feature when we put our hand over screen while its off to see main informations ( missed calls, sms, alarm)

Does it existe??

thankssssssssssssssssss

Glance view is present in some custom roms like alliance

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yep, they should definitely remove things like the smart scroll or the smart pause. Those are not even gimmicky, they are simply useless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk