[Q] Mass Storage Device Problem

Search This thread

rk4262

Jan 25, 2014
Running CM 11-20140222 Nightly-Skyrocket, Kernal 3.0.101, Android 4.2.2, connected to Kubuntu 13.10, by usb cable. It is impossible to reliably connect phone to computer to transfer files, or any other type of file searching/working. Sometimes I connect as MTP, and I can do transfers/other things, but it may be hours, sometimes days in between each successful connection. I have tried at least 15 different UMS programs from the play store, and I have read at least 25 different threads on different forums about this situation with no luck.

Apparently UMS is no longer used in Android, and MTP as I said is unreliable. Does anyone know of any workaround that would solve this problem? I hate posting a question that I know has been posted before, especially as many times as this one has, but nothing I have tried has worked, and I have always used my phone and sd card as a quick thumb/zip/whatever drive, for whatever someone might need a thumb drive for. I have tried asking this on the CM Skyrocket forum, but for some reason not only can I not post new threads, I can't answer already posted threads or contact forum moderaters/admin in order to find out why.

I know there is always the wifi option that will always work, problem is I don't use wifi, I actually use my cell service as a tether/hotspot in order to connect. So there is no network to use to connect with. Setting up a ftp account is just not feasible as I need to use multiple computers throughout the day.

TheCybertronian

Oct 17, 2013
@rk4262 you're doing something wrong on the computer side, mtp works fantastically well on my mint boxes which shouldn't be much different than your kubuntu considering they use the same base.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rk4262

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @rk4262 you're doing something wrong on the computer side, mtp works fantastically well on my mint boxes which shouldn't be much different than your kubuntu considering they use the same base.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk