help needed

Search This thread

samsung striker

Feb 26, 2014
I wanna get the kit Kat Rom for my fascinate but I dont know how to. I tried upgrading from ics but I screwed my phone and had to use Odin to restore it. How do I get thekit kat rom because I don't know how to get it and I'm scared of screwing up my phone again... please help

mswells

Dec 15, 2010
Go to the developer forums, find the ROM you want to install, download the files mentioned in the first post, and the follow the instructions as given.

That said, if you are that afraid you may be better off with a 4.2 or 4.3 ROM.

Edit: Do not forget to make a nandroid backup before you flash any new ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

samsung striker

Feb 26, 2014
I went to this thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1874086 ) but I cant find the kit kat rom for the fascinate. I tried the most recent one, but its 4.0. I still decided to get it, but it just made me get stuck in TWRP. I couldnt do anything so i had to reset my phone with odin. I followed the instructions but i eneded up in TWRP with no os, and having to reset my entire phone. What do i do to get kit kat?

mswells

Dec 15, 2010
I have a nandroid of CM11 and DU4.3.
When a new Kit Kat version comes out I restore my latest 4.4.2 and flash the new one to test out if the data is still wonky. If it is, I restore DU 4.3.

Currently I am on CM11 2014-02-21.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

I went to this thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1874086 ) but I cant find the kit kat rom for the fascinate. I tried the most recent one, but its 4.0. I still decided to get it, but it just made me get stuck in TWRP. I couldnt do anything so i had to reset my phone with odin. I followed the instructions but i eneded up in TWRP with no os, and having to reset my entire phone. What do i do to get kit kat?

This is the beta6 http://goo.im/devs/notta/roms/fascinatemtd/pa_fascinatemtd-4.0-BETA6-20140219.zip mentioned in the thread (around page 111)

samsung striker

Feb 26, 2014
Thanks for your help. I was able to donwload the ROM. However, I have some issue with it. First, the ROM lags a lot. how can i fix the lag? Second, the play store isnt working. i cant download any apps. How can i get it to work?

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
Thanks for your help. I was able to donwload the ROM. However, I have some issue with it. First, the ROM lags a lot. how can i fix the lag? Second, the play store isnt working. i cant download any apps. How can i get it to work?

Which gapps package did you use?
The laggeness should settle down and get better after some time loading everything

mswells

Dec 15, 2010
Do not forget to download the gapps mentioned in the first post and flash it after you have flashed your ROM.
After that you should be able to access the playstore.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

samsung striker

Feb 26, 2014
Everything works now. I fixed the play store by logging out of Google, and logging back in. I fixed the lag with NQ Mobile Booster , but i have to use it before i launch every app. Thanks for your help

Top Liked Posts