[Q] Can not stream apps over wifi at home

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By tp8728, Junior Member on 26th February 2014, 04:50 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i have searched and read and searched some more and can not come up with anything.

here is my issue, i have a s4a, i have comcast modem with a netgear router, i have streamed pandora on this setup for at least a year or more, occasionally netflix and of course some youtube videos. a few weeks ago i signed up for hulu plus, got a chromecast and went to streaming video from my phone. i watched several shows through the chromcast from my phone as well as a movie on HBOgo. last week sometime something has happened and i can no longer stream anything on my phone, hulu, netflix, hbo, pandora, none of these work, i downloaded cartoon network and it works fine. if i disconnect from my wireless network i can stream all of them, as soon as i connect to wifi "unfortunatly (app) has stopped". i have reset my modem, router, wiped my phone, updated my phone to 4.3, re wiped the phone, and still nothing, as of this moment the only app that i have downloaded on my phone is pandora, and i can not stream when connected to wifi...

if i go anywhere else and connect to their wifi everything works fine... why did my phone all of a sudden stop streaming on my network only?
my wifes iphone works fine with all of the above and connected to the chromecast

any help would be great as i am ready to smash this phone
26th February 2014, 06:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12
Originally Posted by tp8728

any help would be great as i am ready to smash this phone

Nothing comes to mind that wouldn't have been solved by everything you've already done... Maybe you will have to buy a new modem?

Just another random thing that might work... try adding a different Google account to your S4A and downloading the streaming apps through that Google account and see if that solves the issue. I believe that specific Google accounts can be limited by developer's based on an auth code that I think is associated with your Google account. Idk why you might be limited, and it seems extremely coincidental that you would be limited by several different developers/provides at the same time, unless Google is for some reason responsible. Please note that I know little about this particular thing so it's a complete stab in the dark but it just might work.
28th February 2014, 04:42 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
not sure how or why this worked, but maybe it will help someone in the future.

i decided to scan my available wireless networks in range from my phone again.... (not because i was going to mooch from a neighbor ) and noticed that my neighbor had a network labeled "lastname" and "lastname guest".
that got me thinking and reading about my router, i found out that i could set up a "guest" network as well, set it up, connected my phone and only my phone and everything works again, i have no idea why or what happened but it works for now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread