5,595,000 Members 38,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Undervolting the GT-N7000 for better Battery life

Tip us?

SkyKer93
Old
(Last edited by SkyKer93; 10th January 2013 at 09:53 PM.) Reason: some edits :)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Battery Full Undervolting the GT-N7000 for better Battery life

Hey there ,
so i wanted to share share my awsome Undervolting results with you
At first im running on Chasmodo's latest CM 10.1 i really appreciate his work ! I use the latest CM 10.1 Kernel.
With his rom and this voltages u find under this introduciton text i could get nearly a month with Standby time
(without doing anything , Wlan turned on , Data off) i attached a screenshot (29 Days and 5 Hours sorry for the German language)
Every day i plug my N7000 out from the Loading station its 5am on 3pm i lost 1%.
to change the Voltages i use SetCPU (full version)

1400 MHz
1200 mV (Stock: 1350mV)

1200 MHz
1100 mV (Stock: 1275mV)

1000 MHz
1000 mV (Stock: 1175mV)

800 MHz
925 mV (Stock: 1100mV)

500 MHz
900 mV (Stock 1000mV)

200 MHz
800 mV (Stock: 975mV)

So i dont know my Voltage group sorry guys , if this values are not working just go in 25mV steps lower from your stock voltage
until the CPU gets unstable or crashes than u know that u cant go lower just do this with every clocking !

I also used this voltages on XXLSC Ultimate Rom with the HydraCoreNirvana Kernel i had fantastic results too but not that good like i get with the Asylum CM 10.1.

PS: Just this Voltages wont give you very good Battery life if your Rom / Settings is/are eating your battery. If you get better results with
lower results (stable) just go ahead and post it but im sure this values are nearly the lowest stable u can get

Code:
Its impossible to hard brick your device with Undervolting , you only could get a soft brick if you use (Set on Boot) and your voltages will crash your System after boot. thats easy to fix just after the phon booted up fast go into SuperSU and delete the root rights for your Undervolting tool.
Thanks for Reading and if i you liked this push the Thanks button =) !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Life.jpg
Views:	4297
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1631017   Click image for larger version

Name:	stable_values.jpg
Views:	2734
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1631054  
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to SkyKer93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2480
Thanks man

Bad-Pixel
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I think you should say which Voltgroup (A, B or C) your note is. Because those freq are really low (I think too much low for my note, that's voltgroup B).

Do you remember which voltgroup has your note, when you installed hydracore kernel?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad-Pixel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qazibasit
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Better i would buy a spare battery rather than spoiling my devices performance. We arr not in 1000BC with no electricity. Sure every one can charge a spare and can switch it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

SkyKer93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Pixel View Post
I think you should say which Voltgroup (A, B or C) your note is. Because those freq are really low (I think too much low for my note, that's voltgroup B).

Do you remember which voltgroup has your note, when you installed hydracore kernel?
Hey there i dont remember never looked at the Voltgroup sorry so there is no other way to view my Voltgroup ?
Btw just try the voltages without autostart and u will see if your system reboots or if it works if not just go in 25mV steps higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazibasit View Post
Better i would buy a spare battery rather than spoiling my devices performance. We arr not in 1000BC with no electricity. Sure every one can charge a spare and can switch it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
Why ?

I cant get your argument my performance is the same speed while im gaming browsing same performance than before .. no impact , drops .. a spare battery ? So what about i dont want to switch my battery ? there is no need for it my battery stays alive for atleast 2-3 days when im doing something with it .

ahhl
Old
Thanks Meter 30
how to do if i only have rom toolbox
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE

Bad-Pixel
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKer93 View Post
Hey there i dont remember never looked at the Voltgroup sorry so there is no other way to view my Voltgroup ?
Btw just try the voltages without autostart and u will see if your system reboots or if it works if not just go in 25mV steps higher
It's a feature of the hydracore kernel only I think, because its read a particular value (something about mainboard and/or cpu) and the kernel automatically apply dedicated undevolt values. You could see it in system information, where hydracore kernel is detected. Without it, I think you can't do anything :/
Anyway, sincerely I remember some time ago I tried to lower my already undervolted cpu voltages, and I got freezes. I will try to go lower a bit, hoping it will works. A very important thing, is not only the lower battery drain, but also the lower cpu temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhl View Post
how to do if i only have rom toolbox
I bought rom toolbox full sometime ago, when there was sales. If I remember correctly, there is a section relative to the cpu control, but I don't remember if it was undervolting capable also. You should start to search it from there (I'm sorry, I don't have the app installed anymore, so I can't help you properly... In case, use voltage control app)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2480
I dont think it has UV feature. Just CPU freq control

Bad-Pixel
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91 View Post
Yes, you're right, I just checked (installing my bought pro version) and it hasn't the uv features. Anyway, as I suggested, he can use voltage control (even if I don't know if his kernel support the uv/oc)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 37521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Pixel View Post
Yes, you're right, I just checked (installing my bought pro version) and it hasn't the uv features. Anyway, as I suggested, he can use voltage control (even if I don't know if his kernel support the uv/oc)
What do you mean by Rom Toolbox doesn't have voltage control?

Tap kernel tweaks, then any frequency and you'll find a voltage slider in there.

The Following User Says Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]