Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

AT&T Kitkat update

28th May 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
I hope somebody can help me with this. My question concerns 2 S4s. One is rooted while the other is completely virgin stock. The rooted s4 won't even allow me to check for an update no matter how many times I try. The stock s4 will check but always says it's up to date. What can I do to fix this? I'm more concerned about the stock s4 since the update will break my root on the other. But I would be curious if there's an explanation as to why the rooted s4 is doing what it's doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th May 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 629

1,257 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWH.31752

I hope somebody can help me with this. My question concerns 2 S4s. One is rooted while the other is completely virgin stock. The rooted s4 won't even allow me to check for an update no matter how many times I try. The stock s4 will check but always says it's up to date. What can I do to fix this? I'm more concerned about the stock s4 since the update will break my root on the other. But I would be curious if there's an explanation as to why the rooted s4 is doing what it's doing.

The root won't let you check probably because of the modified system. For the other one, it's known that AT&T's OTA is kinda buggy and you pretty much need a full strength WiFi and cell network connection.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Light ROM
28th May 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Great info. I'll try it out . Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread