Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,490 Members 44,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What charger are you using?

Tip us?

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 719
Default [Q] What charger are you using?

Hey everyone.

I noticed a lot of people have been having battery problems.

Not poor battery life, but the issue some people are having where they can only use their phone while its plugged in.

My question is what charger, more specifically, what charging cable is everyone using?

I've noticed that if I used one of my Samsung charging cables to charge this phone, it takes FOREVER! Where the Sony cable that came with the phone charges it literally 3-4 times faster.

The charging cube or block doesn't seem to matter as I am using a blackberry cube with both cables.

I have a feeling that using the wrong cable could be causing people issues with their battery. Like its not providing the battery the correct voltage or something, causing a malfunction.

I don't really have any proof or specific knowledge to base this on, its just a hunch.

So what'd your charging setup like?

Mine = Official ZL cable in a blackberry power cube.

Sent from my Xperia ZL using Tapatalk
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

bhavstech
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrixxirta View Post
hey everyone.

I noticed a lot of people have been having battery problems.

Not poor battery life, but the issue some people are having where they can only use their phone while its plugged in.

My question is what charger, more specifically, what charging cable is everyone using?

I've noticed that if i used one of my samsung charging cables to charge this phone, it takes forever! Where the sony cable that came with the phone charges it literally 3-4 times faster.

The charging cube or block doesn't seem to matter as i am using a blackberry cube with both cables.

I have a feeling that using the wrong cable could be causing people issues with their battery. Like its not providing the battery the correct voltage or something, causing a malfunction.

I don't really have any proof or specific knowledge to base this on, its just a hunch.

So what'd your charging setup like?

Mine = official zl cable in a blackberry power cube.

Sent from my xperia zl using tapatalk
yeah it charges much faster in sony charges than a samsung charger for me.acually your device wont accept power more than its requirement but unless the chargers and cables are faulty (defective)it may cause battery issues
If i helped you ,you know where the Thanks button is!
The Following User Says Thank You to bhavstech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chonwey
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Have that problem, and I'm not using the original charger; Using Motorola with motorola / nokia cable; Still...today you have 1 thousand different options to charge usb units, and as long as they're not defective, they should charge ANY certified product with no problem at all.
What I mean is I don't have any other cellphone who had trouble with that on past; if charger is 0,25A will charge slower, if it's 1,5A will do faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chonwey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CokeJunkee
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Official ZL cable and charger and no battery problems so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to CokeJunkee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

butatx
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Note 2 charger, sometimes HTC sensation charger, powerbank and laptop with BlackBerry Bold 9700 cable sometimes htc cable...so far so good...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to butatx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kohelet
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CokeJunkee View Post
Official ZL cable and charger and no battery problems so far.
Ditto
The Following User Says Thank You to Kohelet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scifan
Old
Thanks Meter 170
I've charged using Sony, Samsung and Palm charging bricks without any issue thus far... Samsung takes longer to charge...

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to scifan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hem.acharya
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I had a zl charger which used to take forever to charge the phone. I both an 1amp original charger that also took about 4 to 5 hrs to fully charge so I bought Samsung note 3 charger with 1.5amp rating and it charges in e hrs approx. Yes cable matters it has to be high duty one

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hem.acharya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Peter P.S.
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Original cable and charger here!

No problems so far!
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter P.S. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alkesh95
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Any charger available actually I lost my original charger I loved that charger and one more thing samsung micro usb doesn't stay attached for long little movement and its unplugged

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Globally recognized N00B