guidance needed on compiling an existing android code

Tip us?

shanehelms
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default guidance needed on compiling an existing android code

Hi,

Sorry for the basic question here. I just want to compile and build an apk from an android open source project; but i don't know how to !!

I'm on ubuntu 13.10. I have downloaded the Android ADT bundle from developer android com /sdk/ index.html
I've run eclipse (from ADT bundle) and have imported a downloaded version of the open source project.

The open source project is Prey github com / prey / prey-android-client

The project is setup in eclipse but i see red flags and doesn't run (because it doesn't know how to run).
Can you guys point me to a guide or tell me how to compile & build an apk out of this.

Unfortunately the README file in the repository is useless (i.e. blank!)
Thanks.

deanwray
Old
Thanks Meter 368

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanehelms View Post
Hi,

Sorry for the basic question here. I just want to compile and build an apk from an android open source project; but i don't know how to !!

I'm on ubuntu 13.10. I have downloaded the Android ADT bundle from developer android com /sdk/ index.html
I've run eclipse (from ADT bundle) and have imported a downloaded version of the open source project.

The open source project is Prey github com / prey / prey-android-client

The project is setup in eclipse but i see red flags and doesn't run (because it doesn't know how to run).
Can you guys point me to a guide or tell me how to compile & build an apk out of this.

Unfortunately the README file in the repository is useless (i.e. blank!)
Thanks.

I would say you should go though the getting started guides on d.android.com and things will become a little more clear