Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flashing ROM's & doing backups, etc.

OP w0ferz

26th February 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

14 posts
More
Hi everyone, sorry for this long topic, I just try to understand everything correctly.

So recently I got my hands on my new device HTC One X+ of course before buying it I did check XDA HOX+ forum to see what I will be able to do with it, so I understand no S-OFF at this time, so no hardcore ROM flashing etc. but I was fine with that as I do enjoy Sense 4.x and up so I thought I will not do anything with my HOX+ at least for the first couple of months.
So with these kind of thought I went to confirm purchase of the phone, I did bought it as a second hand, but I wasn't ready for what I seen when I had it in my hands, first of all I noticed it is rooted, then I noticed it has TWRP installed, and last thing was InsertCoin ROM and of course my prayers to see in bootloader S-OFF didn't fulfill.

Now what I got out from my phone was that I have:
bootloader: 1.40.0000
version-main: 1.17.161.7
cidnum: VODAP001

I flashed CM11 nightlys and so far I am on CM11, everything is smooth and I enjoy it, but I still would like to revert back to complete stock or I would love to get ARHD rom running on my phone.

I did look up on internet for Vodafone RUU, but all I found was older one - 1.14.161.13 where I would obviously get bootloader version error ([140])
So far no luck to get some newer one.

Also I was unable to try on ARHD as there was no firmware.zip file for my CID and I wasn't able to get anything what I could send to mike1986 so he can create firmware package for VODAP001 CID.

Another thing I noticed while trying to find some decent solution to get things right, people say that you can use TWRP backups, I mean someone who has for example same CID makes a backup and then you can use that persons made backup to restore your own phone, is that right ? Like if someone got for example stock RUU with CID VODAP001 and he gives me his backup I could be able to restore it back to the state it was as bought from Vodafone ?

Any information will be appreciated, and thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread