Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help..

Tip us?

smeth_90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need help..

I already rooted my device..using super su in latest edition v1.93..and i already install goo manager and universal kernal flash.but i dont know how to use that.also install no - frill cpu.but i need suggestion and how to install step by step without to factory reset my device.because i blur to many topic in this room for advance guild section.Need help in advance..many thanks...
Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392829008809.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	2588840  

coffeecore
Old
(Last edited by coffeecore; 19th February 2014 at 05:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeth_90 View Post
I already rooted my device..using super su in latest edition v1.93..and i already install goo manager and universal kernal flash.but i dont know how to use that.also install no - frill cpu.but i need suggestion and how to install step by step without to factory reset my device.because i blur to many topic in this room for advance guild section.Need help in advance..many thanks...
What do you want to install/flash?
Kernel? Custom ROM?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to coffeecore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smeth_90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I want to improve my perfomance device...because my device have problem network drop down after root..hang a lot when play music at sometimes online facebook.so i need suggestion how to extract the problem..

coffeecore
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
I want to improve my perfomance device...because my device have problem network drop down after root..hang a lot when play music at sometimes online facebook.so i need suggestion how to extract the problem..

Go to cocore 9.0 thread and choose a version, 8.6 is nice and battery life is good. Just read the flash process.
If that worked go to Android development and look for bloatware remover for touchwiz ROM, again just read OP :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to coffeecore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smeth_90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okey dude i will try..but when i use the method i need to factory reset or not.because i not want to factory reset.just want to upgrade for better performance.if any suggestion can you tell me?

coffeecore
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Okey dude i will try..but when i use the method i need to factory reset or not.because i not want to factory reset.just want to upgrade for better performance.if any suggestion can you tell me?

No man, you even don't have to go in recovery :thumbup: Just download one of the kernel and put boot.img in your phone or externel SD card and open UKF (kernel flasher) and select boot.img (you need file manager like es file or root explorer) and flash it, after that you need to reboot.

sent from Galaxy S Advance

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

@smeth_90 make sure you extract boot.img file from the zip with winrar/winzip or any other program.

smeth_90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Please help how to install step by step...download kernal ?which kernal version for my device?after choose the kernal,extract the file and paste to other n flash using ukf.after that which step i go for success this step(install kernal cocore)???

coffeecore
Old
(Last edited by coffeecore; 22nd February 2014 at 05:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Please help how to install step by step...download kernal ?which kernal version for my device?after choose the kernal,extract the file and paste to other n flash using ukf.after that which step i go for success this step(install kernal cocore)???

1) Download cocore 8.6 kernel (look in original Android development).
2) extract the kernel.bin file
3) place kernel.bin file somewhere in your phone
4) open ukf and insert the boot.img (YOU NEED ES FILE MANAGER OR ROOT EXPLORER TO ADD THE FILE)
5) You now have now inserted kernel.bin file so now press flash kernel image.
6) He will say reboot phone, so reboot your phone.

coffeecore
Old
(Last edited by coffeecore; 22nd February 2014 at 06:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 156
You need the cocore 8.6 cwm.
If your have cwm as recovery!
To make your performance more better, do this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2648418

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393091243032.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	2594535  

smeth_90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for u information bro..but step no 4 i dont know how to do..where i can get boot.img?