5,605,373 Members 41,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! my phone is dead -- It won't turn on at all.

Tip us?

bearymore
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help! my phone is dead -- It won't turn on at all.

Last night I charged my phone to 100% checked it was working, and put it on my dresser. This morning, when I went to turn it on, it was completely dead - no lights, no noise, no nothing, just a black screen. I put the phone on the charger for a couple hours with no luck. I used the charged battery from my wife's phone, with no luck. I tried the hard reset procedure with no joy. The phone is a rooted 769 with the jelly bean update and the latest cwm and has been working fine for weeks. The phone bricked itself overnight with no input from me or anyone else. Is there anything I can do or is the phone a write off?

Help please. I'm on a roadtrip and need the phone desperately.

Thanks.

donk165
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Have you tried taking the battery out and putting it back in? Maybe it somehow came loose? Check the SIM slot and SD slot and make sure they are both fully in. Failing that, you could try another battery? Maybe a T mobile shop would let you test it with a battery they have :P

Sent from my LG-P768
Device: Sony Xperia SP C5303 - Locked Bootloader
ROM: Ultimate PureXSP V2 - Android 4.3

Click Thanks if my post helped

bearymore
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk165 View Post
Have you tried taking the battery out and putting it back in? Maybe it somehow came loose? Check the SIM slot and SD slot and make sure they are both fully in. Failing that, you could try another battery? Maybe a T mobile shop would let you test it with a battery they have :P

Sent from my LG-P768
Those were some of the first things I tried. My wife has the same phone, so I switched batteries with her's with no luck. I did go to the T-Mobile store, and they are sending me a replacement.

donk165
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymore View Post
Those were some of the first things I tried. My wife has the same phone, so I switched batteries with her's with no luck. I did go to the T-Mobile store, and they are sending me a replacement.
Fair enough, lets hope you have better luck with this one
Device: Sony Xperia SP C5303 - Locked Bootloader
ROM: Ultimate PureXSP V2 - Android 4.3

Click Thanks if my post helped

eSZee
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk165 View Post
Fair enough, lets hope you have better luck with this one
ANy update on this?
Exact same thing happened last night. Phones was fully charged before bed, put it on the dresser, wake up int he morning and it's completely dead. Won't charge, nothing detects it. Ordered a new battery but it seems that won't do anything.

bearymore
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSZee View Post
ANy update on this?
Exact same thing happened last night. Phones was fully charged before bed, put it on the dresser, wake up int he morning and it's completely dead. Won't charge, nothing detects it. Ordered a new battery but it seems that won't do anything.
Nothing worked for me-- Luckily I was still under warranty and T-Mobile replaced the phone.

shucrut
Old
Thanks Meter 84
You can use the following to revive any dead L9:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...57&postcount=4

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy Ace - CyanogenMod 10.1.3 by androidARMv6
LG Optimus L9 P768 - LG stock 4.1.2, rooted, LOCKED bootloader
Samsung Galaxy SIII i9305T - Stock 4.3 Rooted, Wanam Xposed

simfate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Revive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shucrut View Post
You can use the following to revive any dead L9:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...57&postcount=4

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app
If the phone is dead and doesn't turn on, how do we follow the instructions you provided? I'd love to revive my dead LG P769.

shucrut
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by simfate View Post
If the phone is dead and doesn't turn on, how do we follow the instructions you provided? I'd love to revive my dead LG P769.
Neither fastboot recognize your phone? Im sorry i didnt realized it. If not, i dont know what can be done in your case
Samsung Galaxy Ace - CyanogenMod 10.1.3 by androidARMv6
LG Optimus L9 P768 - LG stock 4.1.2, rooted, LOCKED bootloader
Samsung Galaxy SIII i9305T - Stock 4.3 Rooted, Wanam Xposed

simfate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shucrut View Post
Neither fastboot recognize your phone? Im sorry i didnt realized it. If not, i dont know what can be done in your case
OMAP4430 USB Device is recognized when the dead phone is plugged into the computer. Fastboot says "waiting for device"