Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 46,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "adb devices" command not listing my Nexus 7 (2013) !

Tip us?

Tech2Yantra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] "adb devices" command not listing my Nexus 7 (2013) !

When I try to run the "adb devices" command in the cmd prompt, its is just saying "List of devices attached", but the device Nexus 7 (2013) itself is not been listed. I am able to Kill and start the server. "adb reboot" command not working.

I checked the Device manger; It is listing the device as "Google Nexus ADB Interface" !

Also the "USB Debugging" is checked along with "MTP Device"

What could be the problem?? Any issue with drivers. I have already downloaded the adb and fastboot tools in the drive and running the cmd prompt from that path.

??

mdamaged
Old
(Last edited by mdamaged; 25th February 2014 at 05:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 869

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech2Yantra View Post
When I try to run the "adb devices" command in the cmd prompt, its is just saying "List of devices attached", but the device Nexus 7 (2013) itself is not been listed. I am able to Kill and start the server. "adb reboot" command not working.

I checked the Device manger; It is listing the device as "Google Nexus ADB Interface" !

Also the "USB Debugging" is checked along with "MTP Device"

What could be the problem?? Any issue with drivers. I have already downloaded the adb and fastboot tools in the drive and running the cmd prompt from that path.

??

It's driver related, install these, then reboot the PC, then with the device plugged in, delete the Google Nexus ADB Interface from within device manager, delete the driver from system if prompted, and leaving the device plugged in, reboot the device, it should redetect the device properly, wait for it to boot up all the way, then unplug the device and plug it back in, and test, you will want to do this for every mode combination, as per my post found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post50253887

The important part is making sure the device is plugged into your PC and set to the mtp/ptp/debug mode you want detected when you reboot the device after deleting the driver from device manager.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.

The Following User Says Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tech2Yantra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged View Post

It's driver related, install these, then reboot the PC, then with the device plugged in, delete the Google Nexus ADB Interface from within device manager, delete the driver from system if prompted, and leaving the device plugged in, reboot the device, it should redetect the device properly, wait for it to boot up all the way, then unplug the device and plug it back in, and test, you will want to do this for every mode combination, as per my post found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post50253887

The important part is making sure the device is plugged into your PC and set to the mtp/ptp/debug mode you want detected when you reboot the device after deleting the driver from device manager.
Thank you for helping out. I found what was wrong. The drivers were ok. I had ticked the MTP device option earlier. When I ticked the Camera (PTP) instead, the ADB commands started working. I even rooted and installed custom recovery through adb interface.

Thank u once again.

mdamaged
Old
Thanks Meter 869

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech2Yantra View Post
Thank you for helping out. I found what was wrong. The drivers were ok. I had ticked the MTP device option earlier. When I ticked the Camera (PTP) instead, the ADB commands started working. I even rooted and installed custom recovery through adb interface.

Thank u once again.
You're welcome, fwiw, if you follow my suggestions, you can make it so adb works in ptp and mtp, but if it's not important to you, then it's not dire.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.

The Following User Says Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]