Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 47,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] For anyone with LG Tone 730+

Tip us?

systemind
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Audio [Q] For anyone with LG Tone 730+

I bought these headset a couple of days ago and I want to know if they are able to announce the caller or phone #. I disabled some services in my phone and I don't know if that could be the reason, or if I need an app installed in my phone to get that feature? thanks in advance

JaceAlvejetti
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I have this headset and cant say I have found this feature, I remember seeing somewhere on the phone an option to announce Callers and Text messages, Not something I would use as I wouldn't like my texts read aloud while at work, school etc.. But if it worked via the headset, maybe ill look again.
My Random Island in the Sea of Data FireZen

Phone: LG G2 Sprint, Stock Rooted
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013, CleanRom With Faux123 Kernel

Retired/Returned Phones: HTC Mogul x4, HTC Touch Pro 2 x2 , HTC Diamond, Evo 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Samsung E4GT, Motorola Photon Q
Retired/Returned Tablets: SmartQ V7, Nook Tablet 16GB, Transformer Prime TF201 with Dock, Transformer Infinity TF700 With Dock

systemind
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceAlvejetti View Post
I have this headset and cant say I have found this feature, I remember seeing somewhere on the phone an option to announce Callers and Text messages, Not something I would use as I wouldn't like my texts read aloud while at work, school etc.. But if it worked via the headset, maybe ill look again.
I just found an app called ReaditToMe that will announce callers or read text and you can choose to only do it whenever you have headphones plugged in or bluetooth. Im currently testing it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eadit.tomefree

bachera
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Its in settings, then sound, then below system

its changable when you have sound enabled, so not when silent or in vibrate mode.
Tags
bluetooth, tone