Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more
Audio

[Q] For anyone with LG Tone 730+

12th March 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
I bought these headset a couple of days ago and I want to know if they are able to announce the caller or phone #. I disabled some services in my phone and I don't know if that could be the reason, or if I need an app installed in my phone to get that feature? thanks in advance
12th March 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 18

155 posts
More
I have this headset and cant say I have found this feature, I remember seeing somewhere on the phone an option to announce Callers and Text messages, Not something I would use as I wouldn't like my texts read aloud while at work, school etc.. But if it worked via the headset, maybe ill look again.
12th March 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceAlvejetti

I have this headset and cant say I have found this feature, I remember seeing somewhere on the phone an option to announce Callers and Text messages, Not something I would use as I wouldn't like my texts read aloud while at work, school etc.. But if it worked via the headset, maybe ill look again.

I just found an app called ReaditToMe that will announce callers or read text and you can choose to only do it whenever you have headphones plugged in or bluetooth. Im currently testing it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eadit.tomefree
12th March 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 391

1,592 posts
Its in settings, then sound, then below system

its changable when you have sound enabled, so not when silent or in vibrate mode.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, tone
Previous Thread Next Thread