Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,398 Members 39,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to repair partition on internal storage?

Tip us?
 
kblade29m
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default [Q] How to repair partition on internal storage?

I was trying to get 4.4.2 (Omnirom / CM11.1) on my Xoom.
The only problem I facing is TWRP is asking for password or else it will have problem mounting to cache.
This lead to cannot wipe cache and cannot wipe cache\dalvik.

I search the forum up and down and people comment that the partition is corrupt that TWRP trying to recover it.
So my question is how can I repair or recreate the partition.
What tool should I use?
Even if it is using adb shell, what kind of program I need to push into the phone.

Hope someone can help me out.

I did try to play around like 5 hours.
At first TWRP complaint that cannot mount /cache
Then I try use CWM recovery to wipe cache and dalvik. Then only install TWRP (without big part). Again I wipe cache and dalvik.
Then when I install TWRP (with big part) and no longer complaint cannot mount cache.
But it keep showing update partition details.
When I try to wipe data it will be unsuccessful.

Hope experience people can guide me. Really want to see my motorola xoom (everest) to be on kit kat.
 
ankorez
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 306
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblade29m View Post
I was trying to get 4.4.2 (Omnirom / CM11.1) on my Xoom.
The only problem I facing is TWRP is asking for password or else it will have problem mounting to cache.
This lead to cannot wipe cache and cannot wipe cache\dalvik.

I search the forum up and down and people comment that the partition is corrupt that TWRP trying to recover it.
So my question is how can I repair or recreate the partition.
What tool should I use?
Even if it is using adb shell, what kind of program I need to push into the phone.

Hope someone can help me out.

I did try to play around like 5 hours.
At first TWRP complaint that cannot mount /cache
Then I try use CWM recovery to wipe cache and dalvik. Then only install TWRP (without big part). Again I wipe cache and dalvik.
Then when I install TWRP (with big part) and no longer complaint cannot mount cache.
But it keep showing update partition details.
When I try to wipe data it will be unsuccessful.

Hope experience people can guide me. Really want to see my motorola xoom (everest) to be on kit kat.

hello...

same problem on my xoom Wingray
if i find a fix i posted here

Good luck
 
judison
Old
#3  
judison's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 136
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sao Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankorez View Post
hello...

same problem on my xoom Wingray
if i find a fix i posted here

Good luck
Same here too... wingray also
HTC Desire - Android 2.3.4 GingerBread
ROM: Ginger Villain 2.2
Radio: 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08

Motorola Xoom - Android 3.1 HoneyComb
Kernel: Tiamat 1.4.2
 
webeougher
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 150
Join Date: Jan 2009
As far as I can tell, you didn't follow the directions. Re-start the BigPart process from the beginning, and when TWRP asks you for a password, just ignore that and press the Home icon at the top. Tap the Wipe tab, and there will be two options, Advanced and Format Data, along with the slider at the bottom for a Factory Reset. Tap the Format Data tab, type yes when prompted, and hit enter/return. Then follow the rest of the steps in the BigPart process.

And, please, if you're going to BigPart, just pretend CWM doesn't exist, because all it's going to do is mess things up for you.
 
kblade29m
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2012
Thanks webeougher. I revisit the steps and this time successfully to make it work.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506997

Step 1 - Preparation
Format MicroSD to Fat32 and copied the following files
- R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.3_BigPart_selinux.zip
- cm-11-20140216-UNOFFICIAL-1501+0100-everest.zip
- pa_gapps-modular-full-4.4.2-20131230-signed.zip

Step 2 - Flash Recovery to TWRP
- Has Android SDK
- Extract R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.3.zip to get recovery.img
- Set Xoom to Fastboot mode by press vol down before dual core logo appeared.
- In command line, type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Step 3 - Boot into Recovery
- Set Xoom to Recovery mode by press vol down after dual core logo appeared for 3 seconds.
- Notice at this step you will not have problem mounting to /cache partition.

Step 4 - Create BigPart
Refer to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506997
Go through step by step.
- Use Install to flash R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.3_BigPart_selinux.zip (No Reboot)
- Home - Wipe - Advanced Wipe -> Wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Cache, Data, Internal Storage. Exclude sdcard. (No Reboot)
- Home - Reboot - Recovery -> Don't Install SuperSU (Rebooted into Recovery)
- Home - Wipe - Format Data - Type yes (No Reboot)
- Home - Wipe - Advanced Wipe -> Wipe system and cache (No Reboot)
- Home - Reboot - Recovery -> Don't Install SuperSu (Rebooted into Recovery)
- Home - Mount - Check System and Uncheck System (Just testing only. No Reboot)

Step 5 - Install Rom and Gapps
- Home - Install - cm-11-20140216-UNOFFICIAL-1501+0100-everest.zip and pa_gapps-modular-full-4.4.2-20131230-signed.zip
- Swipe to Flash
- Wipe Dalvik and Cache
- Home - Mount - Reboot - System
- Give 5 - 10 minutes for the installation to complete. Not a boot loop. Just take longer time to finish installation.

Enjoy the CM11 (4.4.2) on Xoom


Troubleshooting:
Just incase if you have problem with partition (Step 3), where you notice TWRP already have with partition
- Flash Clockworkmod Recovery
- Remove SDcard
- Reboot into CWM recovery
- Mount and Storage - Format system, cache, data
- Advanced - Fix Permission
- Flash TWRP Recovery (Back to step 2)
 
peterkling
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblade29m View Post
Thanks webeougher. I revisit the steps and this time successfully to make it work.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506997

Step 1 - Preparation
...

Step 2 - Flash Recovery to TWRP
...

Step 3 - Boot into Recovery
...

Step 4 - Create BigPart
...

Step 5 - Install Rom and Gapps
...

Troubleshooting:
Just incase if you have problem with partition (Step 3), where you notice TWRP already have with partition
- Flash Clockworkmod Recovery
- Remove SDcard
- Reboot into CWM recovery
- Mount and Storage - Format system, cache, data
- Advanced - Fix Permission
- Flash TWRP Recovery (Back to step 2)
There is almost the same problem with my "UMTS_Everest". I tried to follow all these instructions (includin the "troubleshooting part". But I'm not able to flash another recovery anymore with fastboot nor with TRWP (CWM e.g.)

I tried also everything, but there is (has never been) no /data-partition anymore and it says "unable to mount /cache" all the time in TWRP

There is no /data-partition visible to mount in TRWP.
Nexus 4 Mako | [ROM][4.3] AOSPA PARANOIDANDROID 3.99 |
[S]Xoom UMTS_everest | [ROM]TeamEOS 4 Build 170/172? | [/S]
 
kblade29m
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2012
Try again. Hope you still can enter fastboot mode.
If you use adb and fastboot, I sure you can get it work.

If you using Windows, make sure usb installed with right driver.

Make device in fastboot mode.
Power + Vol down (hold before motorola logo appear).

Screen will show some text related to fastboot.
When you type "fastboot devices" you able to see your device.

fastboot flash recovery clockwork-recovery.img
fastboot reboot

If you can enter clockworkmod recovery u can format all the mount. To enter recovery.
Power + Vol down (hold after Motorola logo appear for 3 second). When recovery text appeared press Vol up.


Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
 
peterkling
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblade29m View Post
fastboot flash recovery clockwork-recovery.img
fastboot reboot
fastboot flash recovery fastboot flash recovery recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img
or fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.2-everest.img
sending 'recovery' (5270 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.511s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.523s]
finished. total time: 1.034s

status done!
Still TWRP
Nexus 4 Mako | [ROM][4.3] AOSPA PARANOIDANDROID 3.99 |
[S]Xoom UMTS_everest | [ROM]TeamEOS 4 Build 170/172? | [/S]

The Following User Says Thank You to peterkling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes