Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Camera 4K Video capability?

OP WGFeeney

25th February 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
With the announcement of the Z2 and 4K video I was wondering, Can the Z1 shoot in 4K? The sensors are exactly the same however there is a difference in the chip and 3Gb of RAM as opposed to 2Gb. Does this therefore limit it to shooting 1080?
25th February 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,538

6,784 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGFeeney

With the announcement of the Z2 and 4K video I was wondering, Can the Z1 shoot in 4K? The sensors are exactly the same however there is a difference in the chip and 3Gb of RAM as opposed to 2Gb. Does this therefore limit it to shooting 1080?

I really hope Sony won't say that..
That could be their reason to "trick us" to buy Z2.

Apparently, S801 has 45% more power in camera operating and in total it's 15-20% faster.
Z2 has 3Gb so that could be the main two reasons for Sony to say that famous line: for the users sake, we won't add...bla ..bla.

We all know that's not true and Z1 is more than capable to record and play 4K video without any problems...

We already saw few devices with a same hardware like Z1 recording and playing 4K.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
25th February 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag Helloooooooooooooo
Thanks Meter: 186

1,000 posts
More
The moment they restrict us features I dump my locked bootloader state and instantly load up a rom that supports the features I want.

And also if they do that it's honestly the last time I pay this much for a phone that is abandoned within a few months. (Feature-wise...)
25th February 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 38

388 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

I really hope Sony won't say that..
That could be their reason to "trick us" to buy Z2.

Apparently, S801 has 45% more power in camera operating and in total it's 15-20% faster.
Z2 has 3Gb so that could be the main two reasons for Sony to say that famous line: for the users sake, we won't add...bla ..bla.

We all know that's not true and Z1 is more than capable to record and play 4K video without any problems...

We already saw few devices with a same hardware like Z1 recording and playing 4K.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Im sure someone will port it over if Sony doesn't bring it out for Z2. Like the Z1s exclusive defocus app. Whether it can handle remain to be seen, as The Acer liquid S2 with S800 and only 2 GB ram can also shoot 4k video. Unless Acer has customized and added some hardware for 4k encoding.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gitaroo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Let's hope it is just a software limitation which gets changed. I really want to start shooting in 4K and am not going to drop another 500+ on a Z2 or Note 3.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
26th February 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag Mold, North Wales, UK
Thanks Meter: 37

410 posts
Donate to Me
More
4K video would be very nice.

Then I can resize it down to 1080p to make a very sharp high quality 1080p video.
26th February 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 361

1,302 posts
Both Note3 and Acer S2 who used S800 is capable to record 4k video. But I beat it's not just the camera.apk easy porting, you'll also need to port things from kernel. The Z1/Z1c kernel missed the driver of 4k recording, ended up it won't be an easy task because difficult to get Z2 kernel sources in the near future.
28th February 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #8  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator
Flag Songkhla
Thanks Meter: 14,236

6,316 posts
More
Please use the existing thread HERE...

Thread Closed.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread