Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to downgrade 4.3 to 4.1.1?

Tip us?
 
edj809
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default How to downgrade 4.3 to 4.1.1?

How can I upgrade from 4.3 to 4.1.1? Any effective method, not risky?
 
dicksteele
Old
#2  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,072
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj809 View Post
How can I upgrade from 4.3 to 4.1.1? Any effective method, not risky?
Post 2 and 3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
 
edj809
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Post 2 and 3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Only flash 4.1.1 stock from odin for downgrading, can brick or not?, not to do more steps?
 
dicksteele
Old
#4  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,072
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj809 View Post
Only flash 4.1.1 stock from odin for downgrading, can brick or not?, not to do more steps?
Really hard to brick these phones. Amazingly I have not yet.


What is your goal? Following my guide and stopping before the MH3 OTA step will get you to a virgin stock LJ2. Only difference it will have the 4.3 bootloader and there's nothing you can do about that.

Your phone will softbrick if it's not charged enough, or your pc takes a power hit, or you accidentally pull the USB cable out.

If Odin successfully completes your phone will be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
 
edj809
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Really hard to brick these phones. Amazingly I have not yet.


What is your goal? Following my guide and stopping before the MH3 OTA step will get you to a virgin stock LJ2. Only difference it will have the 4.3 bootloader and there's nothing you can do about that.

Your phone will softbrick if it's not charged enough, or your pc takes a power hit, or you accidentally pull the USB cable out.

If Odin successfully completes your phone will be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I want to unlock my phone, would have to take it to 4.1.1 stock
 
dicksteele
Old
#6  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,072
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj809 View Post
I want to unlock my phone, would have to take it to 4.1.1 stock
Ahhhh.. Keep reading and searching for other posts. In the Q&A forum. I'm 99% sure others have done the same thing.It has been done.

There's this also in General Area
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581321
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
 
edj809
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Ahhhh.. Keep reading and searching for other posts. In the Q&A forum. I'm 99% sure others have done the same thing.It has been done.

There's this also in General Area
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581321
with this method you say, the bootloader is 4.3, i can unlock?
 
dicksteele
Old
#8  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,072
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj809 View Post
with this method you say, the bootloader is 4.3, i can unlock?
Yes. And more detailed instructions are here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...09&postcount=1

Plus the files necessary
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
 
edj809
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Yes. And more detailed instructions are here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...09&postcount=1

Plus the files necessary
excuse the delay was busy with work and had not done the downgrade, today I'm going to do, just open odin and flashing LJ2 (4.1.1) and ready?, any advice or any extra step?
 
dicksteele
Old
#10  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,072
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj809 View Post
excuse the delay was busy with work and had not done the downgrade, today I'm going to do, just open odin and flashing LJ2 (4.1.1) and ready?, any advice or any extra step?
Just follow the guide. Everything is there.
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....

The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes