5,604,122 Members 49,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Tab pro 8.4 battery drain in sleep.

Tip us?

Zeblade
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Galaxy Tab pro 8.4 battery drain in sleep.

Well I returned mine thinking something was wrong. I had it charged to 99%. Just clicked it off fast, no wifi nothing running I made sure. you know all I could close. About 7h later it was at 75%. Well I contacted Samsung and they said this ", I have duplicated the issue and I am forwarding the issue to appropriate department and they will look in to the issue and resolve the issue at the earliest."

So I'm going to wait.

crandallbk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had the same problem, changed launcher and loaded battery doctor from the play store, and now my battery is awesome. I can leave wifi on and only lose a percentage or two tops over night. Worked for me...good luck

jmill75
Old
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Actually I was worried about the battery when I first saw reports, but Im pretty impressed overall.

I lose almost nothing while its not being used.

roustabout
Old
Thanks Meter 174
I've been seeing excellent battery consumption during sleep mode.

I don't use (and have in fact uninstalled) touchwiz and much of the Knox stuff.

I've disabled a lot of services using the excellent Disable Services app in the Play store, and I've also set Greenify to be very aggressive, including using the Xposed module to enable the paid version to sleep system apps.

(As an example of stuff I axed - all of the S-note and S-pen related stuff, all of the Samsung sync functionality, Samsung's silly calendar replacement.)

The Snapdragon 800 has some very good sleep and battery conservation available to it, if you don't let Samsung and Google keep it up all night.

There's a lot of great info in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2357417

Zeblade
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
This is good news thanks all! I thought for sure I had a lemon haha.

mattskr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeblade View Post
This is good news thanks all! I thought for sure I had a lemon haha.
I've had two of these now (first one had an issue) and what I noticed on both is after like the first day of usage when going to sleep both drained battery like mad, but it only did it once. I've had the second one now for a week and the battery hardly loses anything overnight so I've been happy.

Seems like there's a battery "break-in" period or something on these devices.