Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can Razr M be rooted?

Tip us?

Rigit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can Razr M be rooted?

I've tried several time to root my Droid Razr M with motochopper but it fails every time. I'm guessing the exploits been plugged. Is there a way to root this phone. I need to make changes to the tether so it will work with my tablets along with all the other cool stuff that comes with rooting. I found another app online but I'm not sure I trust it. Last thing I need is a bricked phone.

Klown80
Old
(Last edited by Klown80; 8th August 2013 at 12:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigit View Post
I've tried several time to root my Droid Razr M with motochopper but it fails every time. I'm guessing the exploits been plugged. Is there a way to root this phone. I need to make changes to the tether so it will work with my tablets along with all the other cool stuff that comes with rooting. I found another app online but I'm not sure I trust it. Last thing I need is a bricked phone.
What version of android are you on? And what is your build number? Did you try this?
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.
Support your DEVELOPERS and HELPERS.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg

Rigit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80 View Post
What version of android are you on? And what is your build number? Did you try this?
version 4.1.2
build 9.8.1Q-78-1
I've already tried motofailed2go just for fun. It's outdated as I understand it and motochopper has taken it's place. However I did try the file you referenced and it failed. Thanks for the effort though.

Klown80
Old
(Last edited by Klown80; 7th August 2013 at 08:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
version 4.1.2
build 9.8.1Q-78-1
I've already tried motofailed2go just for fun. It's outdated as I understand it and motochopper has taken it's place. However I did try the file you referenced and it failed. Thanks for the effort though.
I am pretty sure you are on newest firmware, it would require you to use RSDLite to downgrade most likely, unless you unlocked bootloader previous to taking newest update:

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...ices-on-91878/
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg

Rigit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=Klown80;44392084]I am pretty sure you are on newest firmware, it would require you to use RSDLite to downgrade most likely, unless you unlocked bootloader previous to taking newest update:

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? I extracted the zip file to the C drive as instructed. There are folders in folders and i don't know if I'm supposed to open those to the c drive as well or not. But I ran SamuriHL-downgrade and followed the instructions. But step 3 is to root with motochopper and it fails like always. It's not looking good for me.

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=Rigit;44395510]
Quote:
I am pretty sure you are on newest firmware, it would require you to use RSDLite to downgrade most likely, unless you unlocked bootloader previous to taking newest update:

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? I extracted the zip file to the C drive as instructed. There are folders in folders and i don't know if I'm supposed to open those to the c drive as well or not. But I ran SamuriHL-downgrade and followed the instructions. But step 3 is to root with motochopper and it fails like always. It's not looking good for me.
Did it downgrade you?

Rigit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=Klown80;44395864]
Quote:

Did it downgrade you?
not sure. Build is listed as 9.8.1Q-78-1 I thought 9.8.1 is what I want right?

Klown80
Old
(Last edited by Klown80; 7th August 2013 at 11:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=Rigit;44396053]
Quote:

not sure. Build is listed as 9.8.1Q-78-1 I thought 9.8.1 is what I want right?
That is the same build number you have listed in the post above, it did not downgrade it sounds like. You might try running it again, if that dont work I can try to help from here to get it to go through.

You want 98.16, not 98.18 as shown under system version

Rigit
Old
(Last edited by Rigit; 8th August 2013 at 12:05 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=Klown80;44396405]
Quote:

That is the same build number you have listed in the post above, it did not downgrade it sounds like. You might try running it again, if that dont work I can try to help from here to get it to go through.

You want 98.16, not 98.18 as shown under system version
Build is now listed as 9.8.1Q-66 I read down the thread and someone suggested putting the phone in fast flash mode with instructions. Before when I tried to downgrade RSD Lite would flash real fast and then disapear. This time it stuck around did it's thing the phone rebooted with the new version installed. Problem now is I can't get motochopper to work. It keeps hanging at daemon started or something like that. I'll try again.

OK I'm an idiot. I did a factory reset just to make sure everything was as it should be and forgot to re-enable debugging. I'm now rooted. I did the protect root and I have to proceed to the next step but I have to take a break for now. I'll be back at it in an hour or so. In the mean time the phone is off. Don't want nothing happening. Thanks for the help. I think the part about putting the phone in fastboot flash mode is worth noting somewhere. This wouldn't have worked for me without it.

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=Rigit;44397271]
Quote:

Build is now listed as 9.8.1Q-66 I read down the thread and someone suggested putting the phone in fast flash mode with instructions. Before when I tried to downgrade RSD Lite would flash real fast and then disapear. This time it stuck around did it's thing the phone rebooted with the new version installed. Problem now is I can't get motochopper to work. It keeps hanging at daemon started or something like that. I'll try again.
Make sure USB debugging is enabled after the downgrade, I am wanting to say it may have turned it off? It sounds like Motochopper isnt seeing the phone is all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]