Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 47,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] NaviComputer - Free offline GPS maps and tracking app [NEW: Live-Tracking]

Tip us?

NaviComputer
Old
(Last edited by NaviComputer; 15th February 2014 at 01:09 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [APP] NaviComputer - Free offline GPS maps and tracking app [NEW: Live-Tracking]

With more than 300.000 downloads, NaviComputer is one of the most popular GPS maps apps for Windows Mobile.
(See our old thread in the WM forums http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581474

Finally, NaviComputer has now been released in the Windows Phone store in an all new version for Windows Phone.

NaviComputer is a GPS offline maps and tracking app designed for hiking, biking and other outdoor activities.
It uses different variants of OpenStreetmaps optimized for hiking and biking and can be extended with custom map sources.

Bundled with the optional map downloader and file synchronization tool NaviMapper for desktop PCs, it is optimized for offline use when you are abroad or in regions without network coverage. You can download NaviMapper on the website at www.navicomputer.com

NaviComputer can track your routes in the background and save them in the common GPX file format, as well as import GPX files from everywhere on your phone.

- Topographic offline maps, easy downloadable and manageable
- Trackrecording with statistics and GPX capabilities
- Optional PC tool for downloading maps and transfering offline maps and GPX tracks from and to the phone.
- Simple and easy userinterface, adapts to your phone's design theme

Version 1.0.0.0
First public release, more features will follow.

Please note: Even though the name may be misleading a little bit, NaviComputer is not intended to be a turn-by-turn navigation app for in-car use.

For further information, please visit our website at www.navicomputer.com
or go straight to the Windows Phone store to download and install NaviComputer for free

Offline mapping and tracking for windows mobile and Windows Phone:
NaviComputer.com

If you like my work, please support further development and encouragement by offering me a beer (). (donate USD by clicking here)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NaviComputer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

titi66200
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Navimapper bug on Windows 8.1 x64 but works on x86?
Code:
Select Code
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Une tentative daccs  un socket de manire interdite par ses autorisations daccs a t tente
    System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
    System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
    System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start()
    MiniHttpd.HttpServer.Start()
    NaviMapper.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Nokia Lumia 1020: GDR3
HTC Titan: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
HTC HD2: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
Asus Slate EP121: Windows 8.1

NaviComputer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Hello titi66200,

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Windows 8.1 and x64 as it was tested on this operating system.

According to the exception message, I guess it either has something to do with your firewall or other security software running on your system or with some other application or service which is bound to the same socket address/port and has exclusive access to it.
Is there any webserver e.g. IIS or something like this running on your system?

For testing purpose, I suggest to disable your firewalls and other software and if there is any other application or service running that does networking/serving, try to disable this as well. (Especially IIS and any kind of webserver software)

Please let me know if it helps.

Btw: It's not really a good idea to just give the app a negative rating when you are facing such a problem. This way I have no possibility to contact and help you. I am trying to help you to get around your problems and I appreciate it if you contact me before adding negative ratings. Maybe you can fix this...
NaviComputer.com

If you like my work, please support further development and encouragement by offering me a beer (). (donate USD by clicking here)

NaviComputer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Latest update adds live tracking feature

Hello users,

The latest update of NaviComputer for Windows Phone adds an interesting feature called "live tracking".

When live tracking is activated you can share your location in real-time with your friends or family. You can share a link with other people via email or social media so these people can see your location live on a map - with any browser on any device. It can be used without registration or sign up.
This feature can be a life-saver in emergency situation when you are out on a trip alone. But it can also be helpful to meet people or simply to let others follow your exciting adventures.

Check the first post of this thread for the link to the store and the website of NaviComputer. NaviComputer is still free and with no ads.

There is blog article with some more information about the new live tracking feature at http://navicomputer.com/blog/
NaviComputer.com

The Following User Says Thank You to NaviComputer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

titi66200
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Thanks works fine, can you include points of interest in new release?
Nokia Lumia 1020: GDR3
HTC Titan: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
HTC HD2: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
Asus Slate EP121: Windows 8.1

Amadeus01
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Looks great.
But i already have the maps onboard from Here Drive&Maps
Can your app make use of the Here maps?
Currently used devises

Nokia L1320 / L520
And
Samsung Gt-P5100

NaviComputer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus01 View Post
Looks great.
But i already have the maps onboard from Here Drive&Maps
Can your app make use of the Here maps?
No, it can not make use of here maps. Please read the FAQ why it can't.
NaviComputer.com

herrie_abbink
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would like to receive a push notification if I leave a preloaded track for more than 100 meters f.i.

Sent from my Lumia 820 GDR3 & Black using Tapatalk

Tags
gps, gpx, navicomputer, offline maps, tracking