Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Have u heard of Loki? "TL user interest"

Tip us?

Alex5699
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Have u heard of Loki? "TL user interest"

This tool, once implemented, will allow the bootloader to be bypassed and a custom kernel to be executed. According to Dan, this is similar to kexec "in that it works around a locked bootloader, but this approach is much more flexible and robust."
Before you get too excited, though, it's worth noting that this is a developer-only tool. It's designed for ROM and recovery devs and is not a utility made for the average Joe. In other words, don't expect to just download Loki and flash it through ADB or some other method.

With this being said, this is for Galaxy S4 phones only on att or verizon, but since this was done wouldnt it make sense to port it or whatever they do so it can work on the xperia phones with unlock-able bootloaders ? Rather than fighting to get our "TL" bootloaders unlock this would be an awesome workaround

lt.anthonydelgado
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Man that would be awesome to see this method implemented. I am so used to having a galaxy s that I really can't stand being on a lockedBL

Sent from my LT30at using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices:

Xperia TL (LT30AT) Locked BL - Running 4.3 official thanks to DaRk-L0rD find it here
Moto G (Verizon) Locked BL- Stock official 4.4 ...
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - Running 4.4.2 w/Espresso by CodyF86 find it here

Broken or Traded

Samsung Galaxy S1 Fascinate Verizon
Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch Sprint
Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint
Nokia Lumia 920 ATT
HTC ONE X ATT

Alex5699
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt.anthonydelgado View Post
Man that would be awesome to see this method implemented. I am so used to having a galaxy s that I really can't stand being on a lockedBL

Sent from my LT30at using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
i know the feeling, im coming from the xperia x10 with unlocked BL and now i upgrade thinking ill have a cool device with unlock BL . sigh i jus hope someone implement this for sho