Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Root G2 on 3UK

OP Luminar2010

27th February 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi all, i see there are methods to root the LG G2 - which is great! However, on the 3UK network i always had issues rooting previous devices, has anyone tried rooting the 3UK model, and if so, which method works best? Thanks all
28th February 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Barnsley
Thanks Meter: 836

1,701 posts
More
What problems have u had u should be exactly the same as everyone else i was with 3uk when i had sony phones but not with lg g2 u should be fine tho

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st March 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20

What problems have u had u should be exactly the same as everyone else i was with 3uk when i had sony phones but not with lg g2 u should be fine tho

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Problems with 3UK model of the xperia arc s just would not be rooted - regardless of the method used. from what ive read (here and elsewhere), this was common when the os was updated to the latest version, which mine was. I wasnt interested in downgrading the rom to root, so i was stuck on that one.

Im not fully settled on rooting the g2 though, to be honest i havent had a need for it as yet, a lot of the common bloatware can be disabled so.....not sure, but maybe if theres no issues with the 3UK model i might try...
1st March 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag Barnsley

1,701 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminar2010

Problems with 3UK model of the xperia arc s just would not be rooted - regardless of the method used. from what ive read (here and elsewhere), this was common when the os was updated to the latest version, which mine was. I wasnt interested in downgrading the rom to root, so i was stuck on that one.

Im not fully settled on rooting the g2 though, to be honest i havent had a need for it as yet, a lot of the common bloatware can be disabled so.....not sure, but maybe if theres no issues with the 3UK model i might try...

Ha i had arc first one was a beast i never had problems with the arc except from boot loops constantly flashing all the time but firmware was a little different plus the people who used my teams roms didnt have problems and there was a fair few of them
I rooted my g2 instantly just because really its the xda way but the little time before i rooted it its still perfect glad i got the phobe so smooth
Not sure if you have looked but there is a few easy tools what root and install recovery piece of piss really
Let me know if ya do need help mate

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to festa20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20

Ha i had arc first one was a beast i never had problems with the arc except from boot loops constantly flashing all the time but firmware was a little different plus the people who used my teams roms didnt have problems and there was a fair few of them
I rooted my g2 instantly just because really its the xda way but the little time before i rooted it its still perfect glad i got the phobe so smooth
Not sure if you have looked but there is a few easy tools what root and install recovery piece of piss really
Let me know if ya do need help mate

many thanks, appreciate it i have used the kingo rooting app before on a tablet or 2 - and it worked amazing well - any chane it could work for the g2 also?
1st March 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #6  
Flag Barnsley

1,701 posts
More
Im sure someone said kingo works but dont hold me to it

The Following User Says Thank You to festa20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #7  
Flag Lisburn
Thanks Meter: 48

882 posts
More
Quote:

Hi all, i see there are methods to root the LG G2 - which is great! However, on the 3UK network i always had issues rooting previous devices, has anyone tried rooting the 3UK model, and if so, which method works best? Thanks all

I rooted mine no problem on Three UK.
The Following User Says Thank You to leomd333 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalignantQuechnitlan

I rooted mine no problem on Three UK.

thanks a lot, which method did you use?
1st March 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #9  
Flag Lisburn
Thanks Meter: 48

882 posts
More
Quote:

thanks a lot, which method did you use?

This http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448887 and if you have any issues, just flash the Open firmware and root

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread