Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root G2 on 3UK

Tip us?

Luminar2010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Root G2 on 3UK

Hi all, i see there are methods to root the LG G2 - which is great! However, on the 3UK network i always had issues rooting previous devices, has anyone tried rooting the 3UK model, and if so, which method works best? Thanks all

festa20
Old
Thanks Meter 835
What problems have u had u should be exactly the same as everyone else i was with 3uk when i had sony phones but not with lg g2 u should be fine tho

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Want to Get Notified for Incoming SMS And Call with Camera FlashLight try this FlashBlink

Luminar2010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20 View Post
What problems have u had u should be exactly the same as everyone else i was with 3uk when i had sony phones but not with lg g2 u should be fine tho

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Problems with 3UK model of the xperia arc s just would not be rooted - regardless of the method used. from what ive read (here and elsewhere), this was common when the os was updated to the latest version, which mine was. I wasnt interested in downgrading the rom to root, so i was stuck on that one.

Im not fully settled on rooting the g2 though, to be honest i havent had a need for it as yet, a lot of the common bloatware can be disabled so.....not sure, but maybe if theres no issues with the 3UK model i might try...

festa20
Old
Thanks Meter 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminar2010 View Post
Problems with 3UK model of the xperia arc s just would not be rooted - regardless of the method used. from what ive read (here and elsewhere), this was common when the os was updated to the latest version, which mine was. I wasnt interested in downgrading the rom to root, so i was stuck on that one.

Im not fully settled on rooting the g2 though, to be honest i havent had a need for it as yet, a lot of the common bloatware can be disabled so.....not sure, but maybe if theres no issues with the 3UK model i might try...
Ha i had arc first one was a beast i never had problems with the arc except from boot loops constantly flashing all the time but firmware was a little different plus the people who used my teams roms didnt have problems and there was a fair few of them
I rooted my g2 instantly just because really its the xda way but the little time before i rooted it its still perfect glad i got the phobe so smooth
Not sure if you have looked but there is a few easy tools what root and install recovery piece of piss really
Let me know if ya do need help mate

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Want to Get Notified for Incoming SMS And Call with Camera FlashLight try this FlashBlink
The Following User Says Thank You to festa20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Luminar2010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20 View Post
Ha i had arc first one was a beast i never had problems with the arc except from boot loops constantly flashing all the time but firmware was a little different plus the people who used my teams roms didnt have problems and there was a fair few of them
I rooted my g2 instantly just because really its the xda way but the little time before i rooted it its still perfect glad i got the phobe so smooth
Not sure if you have looked but there is a few easy tools what root and install recovery piece of piss really
Let me know if ya do need help mate

many thanks, appreciate it i have used the kingo rooting app before on a tablet or 2 - and it worked amazing well - any chane it could work for the g2 also?

festa20
Old
Thanks Meter 835
Im sure someone said kingo works but dont hold me to it

The Following User Says Thank You to festa20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leomd333
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Hi all, i see there are methods to root the LG G2 - which is great! However, on the 3UK network i always had issues rooting previous devices, has anyone tried rooting the 3UK model, and if so, which method works best? Thanks all
I rooted mine no problem on Three UK.
The Following User Says Thank You to leomd333 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Luminar2010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalignantQuechnitlan View Post
I rooted mine no problem on Three UK.
thanks a lot, which method did you use?

leomd333
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
thanks a lot, which method did you use?
This http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448887 and if you have any issues, just flash the Open firmware and root